We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju Trip Report

Which Jeju-do hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Jeju Trip Report

Just want to share my trip to Jeju last June

…blogspot.sg/2012/08/trip-to-korea-part-i-je…

:)

reviews: 4
1. Re: Jeju Trip Report

Hi there!

I read your blog abt ur trip to Korea. So lovely!

I cant wait to go there. This will be our virgin trip there.

My family of 6 (4 kids age 11/ 9/5/4) will be goin there in dec..no choice has to go in winter..but its ok as the kids want to experience winter/snow.

Foremost, abt driving in Jeju. It is safe and ok to drive on our own there right?

I saw that you did drive ard on ur own.

U mentioned that you stayed in Seongwipo ( did i get that spelling rite?) but u did manage to make it a base and travel ard Jeju rite? What do you think if I stay in seongwipo 1 nite and 2 nites in jeju-city? gosh... i am so overwhelmed by what to do in Jeju. D place look so lovely in pics...

Ok, hope u can gv a little advice on this. Will ask u more on seoul if you dont mind..

PS: U goin to BigBang concert? me too :) with my daughter of course..

maryanni

Singapore
2. Re: Jeju Trip Report

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I am sure you're going to enjoy your trip there! As for your questions:

1) Foremost, abt driving in Jeju. It is safe and ok to drive on our own there right?

Yes. It is definitely safe. The road is not so busy and don't worry cause you won't get lost there. You can use the GPS (ask for an English GPS) to help you get around. I didn't encounter much problems.

2) U mentioned that you stayed in Seongwipo ( did i get that spelling rite?) but u did manage to make it a base and travel ard Jeju rite?

Yes. As I've mentioned earlier getting around Jeju with your own transportation is not a problem. Its a problem if you go public. I stayed in Seogwipo and only go to Jeju City to have my meals. As my main mission was to sightsee so I don't need to go Jeju City that much.

3) What do you think if I stay in seongwipo 1 nite and 2 nites in jeju-city?

You can do that if you want. Have an experience at both places. I stayed in Jeju City during my first trip and Seogwipo during my second one. Jeju City is definitely more accessible. With all the shops and restaurants there. However you can visit more sightseeing places at Seogwipo area.

4) U goin to BigBang concert?

Although its late, YES, I went to their concert and is now having post concert withdrawal syndrome. Am really thinking of going for their concert in Malaysia. :)

Hope I did answer your questions. And you can ask me more about Seoul if you need to. I'm more than willing to share. :)

Naf

3. Re: Jeju Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, December 16, 2013