We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alba royal questions

Which Colakli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 1
alba royal questions

I have booked me daughter to go here with her boyfriend in May they are in early 20s realise it will be a quiet relaxing break, not like marmaris, But she wanted a nice hotel, not sure they know what to expect.

anyway she wants to know if there is

any markets or shops to get good quality fakes if they exist

any good boat trips

can she walk to side

they only go for a week am only hoping they enjoy it

Sheerness, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: alba royal questions

Hi ya,

To answer your questions:

There are a few shops just outside of the hotel, just turn left, walk past the Alba Resort hotel and the road bears to the right and you will find a line of shops selling fake goods etc. In terms of quality I cannot really comment as hand bags etc are not really my kind of thing ;-)

My understanding is that the best market is Manavgat which I know is on a Wednesday and possibly either a Saturday or Sunday. You can either do this by Domus or booking up a trip via the Thomas Cook rep. Personally for Manavgat I would use the Thomas Cook trip, I believe this is good value for money as it's a cruise on the river with free lunch, time in the market and then on to the waterfalls. The market is very vast - you must barter at all times, including the shops!

Side also has a wide range of shops selling your usual selection of fake goods. You can walk to Side but I guess this would take at least an hour. I've never attempted this because I usually visit this hotel in the height of the summer. I would imagine I would be in the back of an ambulance half way there if I tried lol. Anyway I would suggest going by Domus to Side. The bus picks you up from just outside the Alba Resort hotel - just hold your hand out to be picked up. It's only a couple of euros and is quite an experience. You can catch another bus from the station down to Side but I would suggest walking, it's not far and you can walk past the ruins.

In terms of boat trips there is a very reasonably priced boat which goes around Side harbour for approximately an hour. I'm sure the cost was only 10 lira (£4?) and I would highly recommend this. You can find the booth selling the tour as you walk down the main road past the shops and it's right by the sea wall.

Trust me they will have a great time there and the hotel is great entertainment for all ages. They will end up wishing they stayed for longer...

Any questions just let me know

uk
reviews: 1
2. Re: alba royal questions

thanks for your indepth reply much appreciated, can i ask i know haggle is name of the game but do you still haggle in the shopping centres or is it just markets,

the alba royal looks really nice im off to Royal wings lara beach mid april but really fancied this hotel myself

Sheerness, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: alba royal questions

You can haggle in shops as well as the markets. Having said that as I understand it, if there is a price tag then the shop keeper is less inclined to haggle and that's the agreed price.

You mention shopping centres - I would imagine the larger shopping centres would be established named shops and haggling wouldn't be appropriate? I am sure someone in the know will comment on this?

The Alba Royal does have a few shops inside the hotel selling fake clothes, hand bags and watches etc. You can certainly haggle here.

I stayed at the Royal Wings last April. This is a much bigger hotel than the Alba Royal which has its positives and negatives to be honest. My only minor criticism is I found getting a seat at the bar a struggle in the evenings after dinner. I would certainly go back tomorrow if I had the chance. The fact that I'm booked for the Royal Holiday Palace which is the sister hotel in Lara tells you how impressed I was with the hotel group.

I'm back at the Alba Royal for my 3rd visit at the end of July.

4. Re: alba royal questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Colakli