We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to akyaka in may

staffordshire
reviews: 2
going to akyaka in may

hi i am going to akyaka in may a little confused over akyaka and gokova ! same resort. Any information would be great thank you also what will weather be like.

staffordshire
21. Re: going to akyaka in may

Hi tea can be as cheap as 1TL (itzuzu beach dalyan) tea usually 2 or 3 TL expensive at airport about 5TL. I had meals out eg starter and main course and drink for around 20TL = about £9. Main meals start around 10TL up to around 18TL for an expensive one. Cocktails from around 10TL . bottle wine in supermarket from around 4TL

Istanbul, Turkey
22. Re: going to akyaka in may

Look for a cafe where the locals go and the prices will be less - in Akyaka it is very clear which cafes are geared for the visitors and which for the regulars - often not on the beach front, don't have the music system, don't usually have the same pressured/attentative service.

Go to the local market stalls and you can get a nice simple breakfast with a gozleme/ pancake and tea for 3-4 lira. and buy all your fruit needs for very little.

I enjoy a good coffee or iced coffee and to have it made well in a nice bar would expect to pay 6-10 lira. I bought a modest but drinkable red wine for some friends the other day for 17 lira from a supermarket.

A reasonable meal in very nice surroundings the other day with wine was 80 lira for two but you could have a fish sandwich and a beer for 6 lira each.

Ideas about prices help to plan your holiday spending but don't get too het up about the prices when you are here, You will have a feeling if the price and the location don't match and you don't have to patronise that those places!

Have a good holiday

England, United...
reviews: 28
23. Re: going to akyaka in may

Thanks for the clarity,

To be honest we like nice simple family restaraunts to will be heading to the Golden Roof and Red Kitchen a lot of the time and i cannot imagine they will be that much more expensive. In fact the Red Kitchen is a great place to eat for a light meal and a fantastic price.

Going in two days and cannot wait :)

Paignton
reviews: 26
24. Re: going to akyaka in may

Hi,

We have been to Akyaka before and stayed at the Ottoman Residence which is superb for just chilling out. After a very hectic summer at home we are looking to return in the first 2 weeks of October and do little more than laze by the pool and stroll into town.

Can anyone give me an idea of the weather/temperature in early October. Will I still be able to lie in the sun and read a book?

I expect to have to wear a jumper in the evening but not during the day, is this realistic?

25. Re: going to akyaka in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, December 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Akyaka
Recent Conversations