We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts about potential tours in Monteverde

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Thoughts about potential tours in Monteverde

Hi!

We are headinng to Costa Rica in November with our 21-month-old son. These are the different tours we are considering for our stay in Monteverde. We will be there 1.5 days. We would like to a walk the suspension bridges on the full day and head to the Children's Eternal Rainforest on our half day.

Forgive the prices in parentheses, I copy & pasted this from my trip-planning document ;)

 SkyTram and Sky Walk Monteverde ($55)

 Natural History Walk at Selvatura Park ($45)

 Treetop Suspension Bridges ($35)

 A Day with Nature – Suspension Bridges, Butterfly Garden, Insect Museum, and Amphibian & Snake Exhibits ($70 – if want to omit any, can do any combination of these activities)

 Skywalk Guided Tour ($33)

 Twilight Walk, Children’s Eternal Rainforest ($20 – we plan on going here anyway; would it still be worthwhile to do outside of a tour?)

I think we are leaning toward the SkyTram and SkyWalk tour since our son LOVES trams. I mean....he really really loves them. (Maybe I just answered my own question here; but I'd love to hear anyone's experiences, especially if you traveled with a toddler). Also, what do you think about a formal tour at the Children's Eternal Rain Forest? It would be the day we arrive...might it be better to just play that one by ear instead of booking a tour ahead of time (ugh, think I answered my own question there too).

Thanks!

Bridgey

2 replies to this topic
La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 90
1. Re: Thoughts about potential tours in Monteverde

SkyTram & SkyWalk will give you a combination of what you're looking for. The walk (with the hanging bridges) you go with a guide and it's a nature walk as well as the hanging bridges. You'll all love it. For small things to do, not all day tours, check out the Bat Jungle and the Ranarium/Butterfly Gardens. Enjoy!

San Diego...
2. Re: Thoughts about potential tours in Monteverde

Thank you! I am inquiring about the SkyTram/SkyWalk tour right now!

Reply to: Thoughts about potential tours in Monteverde
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted