We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 5
Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Hello there!

There are so many hostels options in Monteverde (Santa Elena) and my boyfriend and I are a little lost as to which one to choose. I have read great reviews about Pension Santa Elena, Casa Tranquilo, Sloth Backpackers...and many more! But there are also some very negative comments about cleanliness and bad smells and bugs (especially *yikes* bedbugs!)...

So we are being a little cautious... The prices are very attractive and we ARE looking for a cheap clean accommodation, definitely not for luxury, BUT we want to find the best in that price range.

Any recommendations?

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
1. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Pension Santa Elena. The "gold standard" in budget lodging for many years.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Orquideas Inn...and Rustic lodge offer some great prices...even that is more like a hotel...

roadadvisor

Navarre, Florida
reviews: 121
3. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Well, Tree House Hotel and Restaurant listed $24 a night for 2 and it looked clean and is middle Santa Elana. I di not tay there just saw it.

4. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014