We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best to get to Arenal & Monteverde via Liberia or San Jose?

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Topeka, Kansas
reviews: 4
Best to get to Arenal & Monteverde via Liberia or San Jose?

My husband and I are trying to determine if we should fly into LIberia or San Jose, en route to see the Monteverde and Arenal Volcano areas. We thought we'd rent a car in either big city, and drive to Monteverde and Arenal areas (which one first, is also the question). Does anyone have suggestions? Is driving from either big city preferred? Or would we be best taking a chartered van tour of that area? We only have 3 days for that part of the country, then we'll head to Jaco and vacinity. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
11. Re: Best to get to Arenal & Monteverde via Liberia or San Jose?

My eagle eye is on you, Hattie!!! No. seriously, I do appreciate that you corrected my wrong info. People out there relies on us sometimes even without double checking the info given, thus we really need to be precise. Just for the record, OP would ended his flight at Limbunya Airport, Limbunya, Northern Territory, Australia. Not a bad destination either.

Topeka, Kansas
reviews: 4
12. Re: Best to get to Arenal & Monteverde via Liberia or San Jose?

Thank you so much, each of you, for your kind responses and the great information. This is definitely a big help! Thank you once again!

13. Re: Best to get to Arenal & Monteverde via Liberia or San Jose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 24, 2014