1) In January we plan on driving a rental SUV (with personal Garmin GPS and infant car seat) from San Jose. On Day 1 we drive to Arenal and stay Night 1 inArenal. On Day 2 we drive to Monteverde. Any suggestions for best route to take between Arenal Observatory lodge and Monteverde (Santa Elena)? (greatly appreciate tips for stops, scenic route, gas station, baby specific nuisances to aniticipate and be prepared for)
2) We travel on Day 2 from Arenal to Monteverde. We plan on staying in Santa Elena on Night 2 and Spend Day 3 and Night 3 in Monteverde. Any suggestions for activities during our stay in Monteverde?
3) At least one of us would like to do the canopy tour with zip line in Monteverde (the other will do something with the baby in the meantime). Any suggestions for a place that all of us can go to and then split there? Any idea how long would a canopy tour take? Do all canopy tours have zip line as part of the tour? which is a good company to go with?
4) All of us would like to hike monteverde forest (dad, mom and 18 mo baby) for about of 2 hours with the possibility of having to take some breaks. Can you suggest a customized hike and/or package/guide considering our need?
5) On day 4 we head out of Monteverde. We have one yet-to-be-planned Day 4 and Night 4 in Costa Rica (We have to be in San Jose for Night 5 to catch an early morning flight on Day 6). We would love to hit a beach before heading back to San Jose. Any suggestions for a driveable baby-friendly destination between Monteverde and San Jose? Would Manuel Antonio be a good destination?