We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tours in Monteverde

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 17
Booking tours in Monteverde

and around other areas in Costa Rica. Is it recomeneded to book in advance or book once you are there?

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 44
1. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

Depending on the type of tours and the time of the year. If you are coming during high season it is defenitelly better to book in advance!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

Just wait until you are here...you can find good discounts...you do not need any middle person...deal direct with services providers!

roadadvisor

Heredia, Costa Rica
reviews: 14
3. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

I agree with roadadvisor, better wait until you get here!

One of my favorite tour is the night walk through Monteverde Wildlife Refuge located only 10 minutes from Santa Elena town. You can see many mammals and birds.

Also, try to make the San Luis waterfall hike tour... a hidden gem in San Luise Valley.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
4. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

Booking tours in Monteverde go with Desafio http://www.monteverdetours.com/ Booking tours in Arenal IMO do the same http://www.desafiocostarica.com/ in other parts depends on where. Tamarindo check Xplore http://xplorecostarica.com/ for instance. Tell us where you're headed and folks in the forum can give better recommendations for the different areas.

Cheers

NYC
reviews: 17
5. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

Thanks guys, I will be hitting up both Arenal and Monteverde. Desafio seems to be a popular choice and has high reviews. Just trying to see if booking in advance is necessary. I will be going in the end of March.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

You are WELCOME...do not hesitate to ask any question any time here at the forum!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
7. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

Actually, if you are headed here at the end of March then IMO book tours ahead. This is Semana Santa here and if you have your head set to do a particular tour you might be disappointed if you dont. Have a blast on vaca.

Arlington, Tennessee
reviews: 5
8. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

My husband and I are actually leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow (I know waiting until the last minute), we have rented a condo somewhere in the area between Tilaran and Lake Arenal. Our plan is to head toward Monteverde Cloud Forest early Sunday morning and do a guided tour and then head to Sky Adventures and do all 3 items they offer. It states in order to do all 3 items, that we need to start on the skytram no later than 11:30am. Will we have enough time to do a guided tour in Monteverde and make it to Sky Adventures? Also, where can we purchase advance tickets to Monteverde Cloud Forest? Since we are renting a condo, we aren't able to make the reservations through our hotel.

Any advice is welcomed!!!!!

9. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:18 pm, November 16, 2012
Edited: 5:18 pm, November 16, 2012
Asheville, North...
reviews: 14
10. Re: Booking tours in Monteverde

Who do you book the night tour with?