We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 4
Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

Hi, we are planning a 1-day tour to Monteverde from Arenal (I know it's better to stay overnight but unfortunately we don't have enough time).

Is Selvatura worth the visit if we don't want to do the zipline there? We will be doing the SkyTrek zipline in Arenal.

Or should we spend all our time at the Cloud Forest instead? But the guided tour is about 2 hours, so what should we do for the rest of the time?

Are the hanging bridges also inside Selvatura?

Thank you so much!!!

Telluride, CO
reviews: 10
1. Re: Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

If you are not going to participate in the canopy tour at Selvatura I wouldn't waste my time there. They have a nice property, but I think your time would be better spent at the cloud forest. Spend the extra money on getting a guide who will be able to point out wildlife that you wouldn't normally see. Sky Trek and Tram is a great tour so I think if you are already scheduled for that I would stick with it.

nebraska
reviews: 49
2. Re: Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

I agree about the cloud forrest but if you can't even stay over night, I'd skip Monteverde completely this trip. It takes awhile to get there and the last few km are rough.

What is your schedule?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
3. Re: Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

I agree with joyceh. Think about why you are visiting Monteverde. If it's to see the cloudforest, then don't wast time at Selvatura but hire a private guide and spent your time exploring any of the reserves. You need to remember that the odds of seeing wildlife or quetzals goes way down in the middle of the day. The best chance for spotting wildlife is early morning or late in the day. If you want to check out hanging bridge type tours you can do that in Arenal and save yourself the 6 hours in transit to get to and from Monteverde.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
4. Re: Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

If you are planning to return to Costa Rica, then I'd agree with everyone in skipping Monteverde altogether this trip. The journey isn't great and the Monteverde cloudforest is such a beautiful and tranquil place that it might not be best appreciated in a rush to get in and out. Have a fantastic time!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

Just enjoy the hikes not worth it to paySelvatura in your case!

roadadvisor

6. Re: Is Selvatura worth it if we don't do zipline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 21, 2013