We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tempe, Arizona
reviews: 4
Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

I have heard that this reserve, Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre, is actually better and much less touristy than the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Does anyone know about this reserve and how to book a tour? I haven't been able to find much information about it.

6 replies to this topic
Midland, Texas
reviews: 96
1. Re: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

We visited Monteverde in March and went to Curi-Cancha Reserve having gone the previous year to the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Went with the same guide for both visits. Both are beautiful--although we enjoyed the Curi-Cancha Reserve better. On the day we went there were very few other people in the reserve--we only saw one other group with a guide and a couple of workers who were working on a trail. So it was as if we had the reserve to ourselves. It allowed us to go at our own pace and really enjoy nature. I would highly recommend going with a guide for either park. The Curi Cancha reserve entrance is directly across from the Monteverde Cheese Factory.

The reserve's email address is: curicancha.mv@gmail.com

Tempe, Arizona
reviews: 4
2. Re: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

Thank you for your help!

Pittsburg, Kansas
reviews: 1
3. Re: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

If not too late see my post--July 23 about our guide in the Curi-Cancha. You really need a guide for these places, but another advantage at this reserve is there are some restricted trails where you are only allowed with a guide. Also, it is never crowded because they only allow 40 people a day to go there, or at least that is what we were told.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

Curi Cancha is a great option ...but if you can do also Monteverde Reserve that will be great...in my case I really like both of them!

roadadvisor

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

Brown11,

It sounds like you were happy with your guide? Can you share contact info? I am going in June & looking for reliable guide, especially as will be travelling on my own. My interest is habitat and birds. Curi-Cancha sounds great.

mj

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre

I am planning to go hiking around Children's Eternal Rainforest and the Montverde Reserve area. is the Curi-Cancha inside the Children's Rainforest? Is the weather too wet in mid - late Nov. there? Thank you.

Reply to: Curi-Cancha Refugio de Vida Silvestre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted