We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy tour

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Canopy tour

strange question, but i wear glasses. will my glasses fall off during a canopy tour? seems silly, but i'm wondering...

PNW
reviews: 74
1. Re: Canopy tour

My parents wore their's and were fine, but you never know. She did take them off for the Tarzan swing :)

PNW
2. Re: Canopy tour

To add, if I needed I would wear, esp if distance is your issue because you really want to be able to see the Cloud Forest as it rips by.

Monteverde Costa...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Canopy tour

Not a strange question really. Glasses should be fine. Put a band around them to be sure. Camera is important also. You lose that you will never find it. The advice on the Tarzan swing taking them off is good. Also not being able to see when jumping off the platform on Tarzan Swing can be an advantage Hard to get up the guts to drop off. But well worth it. Ask the guide to push you off if not sure.

You will Love it. We have the best canopy tours here. Where it started in Costa Rica.

New Bungy coming soon too.

Monteverde is getting better all the time and it was great before too.

We do not accept everyone here though so be sure to qualify before coming.

Sorry have to go now. A Quetzal is calling.

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Canopy tour

i am now not sure what zipline to do. and to be certain, no need for advance reservations, correct? i will have two entire days in monteverde and want to make the best of them. i'm thinking skytrek sounds great and it sounds like that will involve an entire day but if we are not too worn out perhaps we'll have time for a night hike. would also like to see the bat jungle. i'm just confused - what is the difference between santa elena reserve & monteverde reserve? which is best?

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Canopy tour

Yes you do not need advance reservation...wear some glass bands...that will do it!

I like Monteverde Reserve...in my case just like it...no many reasons...!

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Canopy tour

road advisor, we will be using your services soon and i cannot wait! monteverde guy, which canopy tour is the best? or your favorite? also, how does the following things to do sound? we have two full days. bat jungle, night tour if we have energy... now if you had to choose would you do coffee tour or san luis waterfall? also i would love to see birds more than anything, but not sure i can convince my fiance to wake up so early to do a proper birding extravaganza. anyway, thank you for any suggestions.

PNW
7. Re: Canopy tour

Selvatura for Zips! I agree with road advisor on Monteverde Reserve. I highly recommend the night hike there too.

Monteverde Costa...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Canopy tour

Easy to get reservations when you arrive. If you pay in advance then get sick, cant make it or its raining they do not give you your money back.

Best time to do canopy tour is AM during rainy season.

We get thunderstorms here 3 times a week or so.

It is not safe to do this with lightning. The tours will shut down if lightning starts and if you have completed half of it the policy is not to return your money.

Sky trek for example has some very big metal platforms and thus has more chance to draw lightning.

My pick is Selvatura but you would enjoy any one of them if you have never done one.

Selvatura I think is the safest, most well run and they have other options there as well like of course the suspension bridge tour, butterfly garden etc.

Also it is next to the Santa Elena reserve so is all real true cloud forest.

I would advise a guide at the Monteverde Reserve which is well worth the extra $17.00 for the guide. They have a great group of guides there all well trained and experienced.

Get your fiance to bed early one night so you can get up to go with a guide. You would leave your hotel at 7.00Am for that. You can come back to your hotel later and nap.

Santa Elena reserve is also good. Right now in Santa Elena there are three wattled Bellbirds also which are very cool looking if you can see one.

Bat Jungle is fun. Call them before to make sure they have a guide ready.

Night tour can be real good if lucky. Right now the best one is Santamarias. Ask at your hotel. Very good chance now to see a sloth there. Plus they have good guides. Well worth it.

As for coffee versus San Luis waterfall. The waterfall is a ways out and would take most of a morning or afternoon. If you get caught in rain there you will get soaked.

Rather than that or any of the coffee only tours I would strongly recomend El Trapiche tour. Look at their reviews.

This is a very well run family operation that takes a tour through their farm and shows you all the coffee process plus tasting their coffee.

Then you also see the trapiche portion which is how sugar is made from the sugar cane. very interesting and fun. You make candy at the end and try some local snacks. This tour starts at either 10>00Am or 300 pm. Sunday no morning one as they go to church and relax.

Roadadvisor will Im sure be looking for birds along the way too. Although his main goal is safety he has good side vision for that type of thing and knows all the fruiting trees along the routes.

Hope this helps and I feel very sure that with these things you will really enjoy Monteverde.

And thanks for visiting us here. You will be one of the lucky ones who can make it up here.

9. Re: Canopy tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 02, 2012