We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sassnitz Ferry to Bornholm

London
Sassnitz Ferry to Bornholm

Hello,

I'm going to be travelling from Berlin to the island of Bornholm, for a wedding, on Friday 19th August. We've already booked the ferry which leaves Sassnitz Port at 12.00 noon. However after searching the internet I can't seem to find a train that leaves Berlin on Friday morning and goes to the Sassnitz port? Maybe I'm not searching in the right places or this silly brit can't fathom the logic of German websites? Is it possible to get to Sassnitz town/city itself and then get a local bus to the ferry terminal?

Could some one with knowledge of the area and port of Sassnitz provide me with some information to ensure we can get out of Berlin and onto the ferry in time?

I posted this last week in the Germany Forum but nobody got back to me! Help Please!

Thanks.

Stringy

3 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Sassnitz Ferry to Bornholm

You could travel to Lietzow or Sassnitz by train and from there by taxi.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Berlin

Destination: Lietzow(Rügen)

Destination: Sassnitz

Approx: 7 km to the port. Thus affordable - but you may want to order a taxi in advance.

the bus stop at the port is

Destination: Mukran Fährhafen, Sassnitz

but due the poor bus connections you cannot make it in time.

London
2. Re: Sassnitz Ferry to Bornholm

Many Thanks! You're information was very helpful!

Looks like we'll go to Lietzow and get a taxi to the port.

You say you recommened getting a taxi, will there be no taxi's waiting at the train station in Lietzow?

Thank you again!

NEIL

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
3. Re: Sassnitz Ferry to Bornholm

Don't know. Never been there. Surely this is a touristic island and they may be also used to drive passengers to the ferry terminal - but Lietzow has only 275 inhabitants. Sassnitz 10.000 but this includes all 14 villages belonging to the town.

From other small towns I know that taxis may waiting at the train station for customers - as long they are idle. If they are called they drive away. And even if there are 1 or 2 waiting - this could be in the end too less.

Reply to: Sassnitz Ferry to Bornholm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rugen Island
More Rugen Island Topics