We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 11
Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

Hi,

I wonder if I could have some advice please.

Would it be more sensible to get a taxi from Holetown at night back to the All Seasons Resort , instead of walking ?

Many Thanks

Palm Beach Condos...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

All Seasons Resort is in the Sunset Crest 'subdivision' (area of villas, other low-rise condos - row villa-ettes -) so really a residential area - some of the roads are not lit at all - none of them have pavements/sidewalks - so one has to walk along the side of the road - be careful of your ankles - easy to trip or twist - cars can come whipping around corners not expecting pedestrians .....- so depends .....

personally think I'd take a taxi the first time and after you've walked it in the daytime and seen how dark it is nr the hotel (never been there at night) - then you can decide for the next days. etc......

UK
reviews: 11
2. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

Thankyou for your reply.

Are restaurants happy to book taxis for you?

Thsnks

Palm Beach Condos...
3. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

Sure no problem -however if you are right in downtown Holetown - there are normally taxis in the parking lot of the Supercentre shopping mall - main road road (Hwy#1) is lit - bus stops, -pedestrian crossing, pavements/sidewalks easy to get to bars and restaurants etc. - just walking back to your hotel, once out of the commercial area, think a taxi at least at first, would be sensible

Harrogate, United...
reviews: 37
4. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

Hi, we have stayed at the Palms Resort several times (very close to All Seasons) and walked from Holetown regularly....as mentioned it IS very very dark on some streaches and so I usually take a small torch. We have never had any problems but it can also be quiet so it depends on how nervous it makes you feel. Expect to pay a premium for the taxi though...even though it is probably no more than a mile or so we were being charged about $20-$25 Barbados.

Palm Beach Condos...
5. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

$20 seems to be the minimum nowadays - (had a lot of perishable groceries -frozen stuff like ice cream!)- didn't want to wait for the delivery van - grabbed a taxi - it was only a 4 min. walk - and taxi cost $20 - now if I'm walking I buy only what I can carry (frozen stuff etc) plus and/ or have delivered

Broadstairs
reviews: 5
6. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

Apparently sometimes plain-clothed policemen patrol this area at night (in my opinion it would be preferable if they actually looked like policemen!)

Palm Beach Condos...
7. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

may not be any better if they wore uniform .....- if there is some problem in the area? - visitors would be more trusting of uniformed people (and what would there be to stop crooks from dressing up and impersonating a police officer and gaining the trust of the visitor?)

warrington
8. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

ASO that is not very good information for tourists, it is almost like saying we cannot trust police officers in uniform to be genuine. I personally think uniformed officers would be beneficial in that area, surely one can ask for their warrant card if in doubt.

Palm Beach Condos...
9. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

not meant like that Sali - we haven't heard of any problem in the area - but it is dark in places (no street lighting on many residential roads in Sunset Crest) - think if it was myself - I'd rather taxi if there is an issue re: safety - don't think I'd want to go up to **anyone** on a dark street -no matter what they were dressed in -

Uniformed officers walking around any of the "public " areas like the beach, the commercial areas etc- great - was taught as a child to "always trust a policeman" - however still feel I'd personally rather not approach any stranger whatever they were dressed in -uniform or not - on a dark empty street. (but I'm an old lady)

Glos.
reviews: 9
10. Re: Is it safe to walk from Holetown to All seasons Resort

oh for goodness sake-yes it's a bit dark in places so you can't see the puddles/pavements-take a torch

but the stars and moon are wonderful and it's lovely to have a 10 minute walk home after dinner-do we really have to spend our lives in fear of being mugged/robbed ?

just had my bag snatched in broad daylight in Switzerland, the most squeaky clean destination ever !

Sunset crest is a quiet residential area, a generally pleasant place to live/walk IMHO