We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WestCoast Beach restoration project

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Beach Condos...
reviews: 12
WestCoast Beach restoration project

How's the restoration going in front of Settlers and Sandpiper etc.Have there been any maps in the paper by the Government?

Holetown, Barbados
reviews: 23
1. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

We had a meeting with the Restoration people yesterday, who showed us all the maps etc. There will be a walkway around Folkestone and Turners Point. Various Breakwaters ( false reeefs ) and groynes outside Sandpiper and around to just north of Surfside where there will be a little Headland built between Surfside and the Life Guard hut for you to sit on and survey the Bay.

Extra sand will be laid down after all the work is done and we ( Mango Bay and Palm Beach) should have a great beach by next season. The artist's impression looks really impressive.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 55
2. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

What will be more impressive is "if" the work starts and is finished in the projected timeline. :-)

Holetown, Barbados
3. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

Work , building the revetment around Folkstone to Settlers is already well under way Canby,-----------------they have already reached Folkstone, so we shall keep our fingers crossed.

Palm Beach Condos...
reviews: 12
4. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

thanks - have they posted a map yet anywhere in local paper or internet so we can see it?

Holetown, Barbados
5. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

No they haven't A N S O . I have sent you a private message.

Ontario
reviews: 2
6. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

Slightly off topic - have they built the beach access walkway just south of the Beach House (on the old Chefette property)? They were doing some prelim work before we left in early April. Some of the work included cutting down a great old tree (Sad).

Holetown, Barbados
7. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

There already is a beach access just below where the Regent was Kawarthapete, I know it says it is closed, but that sign has been there since the walkway was built, and it isn't really. I know of no other access planned.

The plans are to build houses where Chefette and the Regent were.

Ontario
reviews: 2
8. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

Hi Westiegal, I know of the access you mentioned. However in April I was told that as part of deal to build the houses where Chefette and the Regent were, was that there would be another access on north side of them and they had started digging out the area when just before I left.

Holetown, Barbados
9. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

Oh ok, I saw no sign of it in May, but I'll look in August. Meanwhile, Babiface is going tomorrow, if she sees this, she can check for you.

10. Re: WestCoast Beach restoration project

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 13, 2014