We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lime Grove Shopping Mall

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lime Grove Shopping Mall

Hi are Louis Vuitton handbags tax free and also is Tiffany any cheaper than the U.K

8 replies to this topic
Exmouth, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

They will be as long as you take your passport when buying them. My daughters often buy Tiffany there and you do save quite a bit.

South Yorkshire
reviews: 24
2. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

We went into the Michael Kors shop to buy a watch , and declined as it was cheaper back in the UK. do your homework before you go . And even if you do save a few quid , weigh up the pros and cons , like if it broke , how do you get it replaced or mended ?. It might be easier to purchase back home and at least you can go straight back to the shop , unless you are saving a significant amount of money .

Manchester
3. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

Good advice Sunworshipper.

I priced a Louis Vuitton bag up in Lime Grove and it was a couple of pounds more expensive than in the UK.

My husband bought me a ring in Diamonds International and the stone fell out, we had to pay to have it replaced as we had no immediate plans to return to Barbados.

Lime Grove is fab though !

reviews: 17
4. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

Hi

We bought a Gucci watch a cave shepherd had a problem with the battery, no problem with the warranty back in the uk, best advice is no the price and if it is cheaper and a reputable name you should have no problem.

Holetown, Barbados
reviews: 17
5. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

All watches or goods of a good make and under warranty can be taken to any shop who deals with that make, anywhere in the world.

As others have said. Learn your prices here, then make a comparison. Most branded jewellery is cheaper in Barbados, if only because of the tax ------------Cartier, Tiffany, etc etc. but not all mid range watches. As for Louis Vuitton I can't afford to go in there, so I don't know lol . However, I do know that Louis Vuitton do not allow any kind of discount on their products so they will only be tax free.

London, Canada
reviews: 1
6. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

Bought a Tiffany bracelet in Barbados several years ago. After about 2 years, I broke it (my fault) and Tiffany's in Toronto repaired it at no cost.

Exmouth England
reviews: 8
7. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

I have bought Tiffany in Barbados a couple of times and I did find it cheaper than UK, not masses cheaper but still cheaper. I also bought a Breitling watch from Diamonds International which ended up being £500 cheaper than UK. I think you just need to shop around and you will find bargains.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 36
8. Re: Lime Grove Shopping Mall

As has been said previously, make sure you know your prices before you travel for the items you are interested in. I was looking for an Ebel watch a while back and the price in Barbados tax free was only slightly below the RRP in th eUK. In the end I negotiated with a high street jeweller at home and got £595 off, which was significantly cheaper than the Barbados price.

They sell Tiffany in Little Switzerland in Bridgetown and I will be doing some price comparisons this year as I am travelling to the US shortly after returning from BGI. I found the prices on Tiffany in the US much better than the UK (not surprisingly!)

Reply to: Lime Grove Shopping Mall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted