We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best memory of Roatan!

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
reviews: 14
Best memory of Roatan!

Roatan is in my near future, reading the forms.. researching the web, so excited to experience this beautiful place, what are your best memories of being in Roatan?

Roatan, Honduras
1. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

The faces of the children at the school and orphanage when they receive the donations

Windsor, Canada
2. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

Oh.. how sweet of you! How did you find the orphanage? That would be so wonderful.

Windsor, Canada
3. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

Just realized you reside in Roatan any info on location of orphanage or schools would be greatly appreciated we always hire a private guide to take us around the island or wherever we are visiting, delivering goodies and supplies to the children would be the highlite of our trip, Thank You for the great memory, and advice.

Roatan, Honduras
4. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

I am part time on Roatan, only about 4-5 months a year, the rest is split mostly between US and Canada. The Orphanage I am most familiar with is Majken Broby childrens home in Gravel Bay, Just West of Coxen Hole

Jefferson, Texas
reviews: 53
5. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

I also agree with visiting the Majken Broby childrens home, can't wait for our return in May. www.roatanchildrensfund.com has some wishlists for the home and several schools on the island.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
6. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

Is there orphanage near West Bay? I have set aside a bag of children's clothes and plan to fill up our suitcases with other goodies if we have room.

Jefferson, Texas
reviews: 53
7. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

Karin L- If you do make it over to the home in Gravel Bay, they have 10 boys and and two girls. I asked for any special requests that was not on the website, they need childrens size L and adult size S shirts . I am not aware of a home in West Bay.

Central Oregon
reviews: 8
8. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

I just spoke with Lynn, the US contact in CA for Majken Broby childrens home, as we will be leaving for Roatan this Friday and my work was willing to donate a few dozen resort camp shirts for me to take. She said they have 10 boys ages 9-10, 2 girls 12-13 and 2 older boys. All are slim, so I have an assortment of sizes and 5 different styles. I also make lip balm & soap, so going to bring some of that too, if it's an acceptable item. Does anyone know what would be the best time for us to stop by as it sounds like they have staggered school schedules from 7am - 7pm and would like to go when the majority might be there? Anything else we should know?

salsa savant
reviews: 10
9. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

On 2 occasions locals allowed me to use their personal cell phones to call home to Canada. One was @ the internet cafe in Westend and one was Pinky on West Bay Beach. They both let me use their phones to call home to my mom. very very kind.

Roatan
reviews: 11
10. Re: Best memory of Roatan!

My best memory is being invited to dinner by an Islander. As there was no notice as it was already dinner time, I asked him if he shouldn't inform his wife we were coming so she could be prepared. His comment..."if there isn't enough food then I won't eat". Stays with me. Just an example (and I have many) of the hospitality and generosity of the Island people. He remains a good friend. West Bay beach on a perfect day is another memory that stays forever!

Get answers to your questions about West Bay