We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

house rentals

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
house rentals

I am looking at Villa Ocean reef and Barefoot house. Are these near each other? Which is at the quieter end of the beach? I hear it is pretty crowded when the cruise ships are in port-

Sally

I wander the world
reviews: 20
1. Re: house rentals

Barefoot Dream is part of West Bay Village on West Bay Beach between Infinity and Coral Sands. Oh wait are you talking about Barefoot Dream?

Villa Ocean Reef is on West End side of Las Rocas, not on West Bay Beach.. it would be far more quiet.

They may be a 10 miin walk from each other.

new jersey
2. Re: house rentals

The other house is called Barefoot Dream. My Aunt & I are hoping to visit this November, and would like to be in walking distance to a few fun restaurants and bars.thanks for any suggestions. We need a place with very few steps as we both have bad knees-

Sally

Edited: 12:50 pm, March 27, 2013
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 39
3. Re: house rentals

Try Casa de Paradise on West Bay Beach. They have a nice beach level rental.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
4. Re: house rentals

Sally,

We just returned from our stay at West Bay Village.Although we rented a different house,Your selection of Barefood dream is good.The gounds are well maintained and 24 hour security.You will be within a 5 minute walk to several Bars and Rest.Just make sure that if you plan on cooking,stop at the store on your way from the airport.Food in West Bay is very expensive!!!!You'll have a great time!!!!I miss it a lot!!!!

new jersey
5. Re: house rentals

which restaurants and bars can you walk to? Thanks so much for answering my questions! Was the beach really crowded?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
6. Re: house rentals

Sally,

There are many places to eat.All within a 10 minute walk...or less.There is The Thirsty Turtle,Celestes',Mangiamos,Beachers,Java Vine,Bite on the beach,Argentinian and several others!!!If you go to West end,there is a wider variety of stores and resturants and cheaper then West Bay.As far as being crowded,Tues,Wed and Thurs.are cruise ship days.If the weather is cloudy(like it was for us on those days)it'll be fairly quiet,but since it's normally sunny,it'll be pretty busy.There's enough room and I like to people watch anyway.If you get to the beach by mid-late morning,you'll be able to find a place without a problem.The shippers usually don't get there until 11 ish.Non ship days are fairly calm and more than enough room!!!Enjoy!!! Let me know how you liked it!!!

new jersey
7. Re: house rentals

Thanks so much. We are going at the worst time weatherwise, in November,so maybe it won't be so crowded. Did you rent a car? We are used to the beautiful almost empty beaches in the Bahamas out islands and Vieques, off Puerto Rico,so this trip will be an eye opener! Thanks for the info- Was this your first trip to Roatan?

8. Re: house rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Bay