We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

Just wonder who will be on the west bay beach area during this time and who wants to share a few drinks on the beach possibly during the day or night time? We don't want to be in bed at 9:30PM..... each night. Any suggestions......

Edited: 10:42 am, March 15, 2013
Canada
1. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

Well I guess WBB is going to be quite over Good Friday and Easter Monday..... interesting? We will have the beach area all to our selves..LOL...not!

Stoney Creek, Canada
2. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

Lol I will be there staying at paradise beach club Would love to get together for a few drinks Where are you staying ? We could trade info on island

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 3
3. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

We didn't realize we would be visiting during "Holy week"...we will be at Infinity Bay during Mar 25-April 1st. So should I be worried here? Or what?

Not sure what to expect, other than I get the feeling we will have a lot of company.

Yikes!!

Timbuktu, Mali
reviews: 26
4. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

Indeed, it will be a very, very busy beach. Lots of local enjoying the beautiful beach. I'd say...just join the party and enjoy people watching! :)

Toledo, OH
5. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

We get there on the 31st. I'm hoping the beaches clear out some after that, but the whole reason we're going then is because it's spring break, so perhaps not.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 19
6. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

we will be there from march 28- april 5- unfortunatley, I get the impression that we are out in the boonies and far from everything :(

Staying at the Media Luna- it looks lovely, just wish it wasn't so far out!

Hope you have an awesome holiday!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 98
7. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

Today is Palm Sunday - the traditional beginning day of Holy Week. Easter is the most holy day of the year to Christians and many of them have religious observances for the week prior related to the death and resurrection of Christ. I was raised in a strict Catholic tradition and Holy Week involved some very long services and intricate religious activities.

I've been to places where the passion of Christ is taken very seriously and acted out with massive religious fervor - Antigua, Guatemala with the giant "floats" carried by hundreds of people through carpets of flowers in the streets... and Taxco, Mexico where the tradition of Penitentes is preserved, people flailing themselves and torturing their bodies if various was, overseen by "Roman Centurions."

So it was with some shock I discovered than in much of Central and South America, the celebration of Holy Week/Semana Santa seems to have only two commandments: one, if at all possible one MUST go to the beach... and two, one MUST take every mobile family member with them to the beach.

So Semana Santa does provide a unique opportunity on Roatan. It is the one week when a visitor might actually see more Honduran tourists than gringos. Often large families, often crowding into any available lodging and spending full days on the beach... food hampers... West End sees an increase in food vendors lining the street... music... all in all, a very lively time. One's only choices are to jump in and enjoy the festivities... or head for a remote locale that will have a limited number of people due to the size/cost.

8. Re: March 28- April 4th, 2013 Who will be there in the WEST BAY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Bay