We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Husband is a diver and I like to relax in the sun. Not picky with food - just like variety and tasty. Want clean. Booze choice not extreme - what kind of beer and do they have Canadian whiskey

What is the benefit of one over the other.

As these are owned by the same company - can you stay at one and play at each. Pricing is the same but HM is 4* and LS is 3* - does this speak about service. What would you recommend.

Info on diving and water taxi would be appreciated. What else is good to sightsee

Ajax, Ontario
1. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Henry Morgan is busier than Las Sirenas. Depends on what you would rather have. Las Sirenas is quiet and HM often loud with (sometimes irritating) music on the beach at times. Food is cooked at HM and shipped to their other hotels, so food is the same. Never stayed at either but rented a house beside Henry Morgan.

They have quite a few good beers - Salva Vida, Port Royal, Barena (sort of like Corona) and Imperial. You won't get Canadian Whiskey, although you may be able to get it and pay for it at the bar, not sure. I would suggest buying it duty free on the plane and bringing with you if that's your preference. If you need more you can always pick some up there. I'm sure the Bulk Gourmet would have plenty at way better prices than here. http://thebulkgourmet.com/

Diving available everywhere on the beach. Your husband should check a few out and pick the one he's most comfortable with. Water taxis are available at any of the piers - $3/person to go to West End.

I'm sure others can provide sightseeing info. Lazing on the beach and snorkelling are my favourite things to do. Try a search and you'll come up with tons of suggestions.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 21
2. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

We stayed at HM and would not return. It will give you basic, clean and you won't quite starve. Think seaside cottage room. Pros are the beach, the beach bar, the onsite dive shop, and Jorge in the buffet ( if he is still there?) You can get all the same anywhere in West Bay ( except Jorge)

We ended up eating out a lot so go with that in the budget. You can still use the dive shop at HM.

We liked Bananarama from what we saw and would consider that or Infinity Bay next time.

Rehoboth Beach...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

We stayed at HM and LOVED it. Yes it is a basic resort but the food is good with a nice variety, the grill on the beach had its good days and bad days but you could always do the buffet for lunch if you wanted.

We never wanted for drinks. I did brink my own Amaretto though....just filled a 16oz bottle in the morning and gave it to the beach bar person. Then he made our drinks throughout the day with it. We also brought some Bailey's with us. ...gave a bottle to the evening bartenders before dinner so it was ready to go in the evenings.

DH and I rented a Villa which was FANTASTIC, it was not much more then a room. See my review for a complete take on our stay. I would go back to the HM in a heartbeat......we have been traveling for the past 25+ years all over the Caribbean, MX and HI.

Honduras is not like your typical AI's, you really need to adjust your expectations.

Timbuktu, Mali
reviews: 26
4. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Las Sirenis Would be quieter. It is a smaller property, and would be more serene. Food would be the same, basic, tasty, but nothing to rave about....

We stayed at HM 3x.....but we have 2 children who love the staff ( as do we ) & they loved it so much & had such fun we simply had to return. I have 3 reviews of HM.

Mooretown
5. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Thanx to all for the Help, I think we are sold will try to go on Feb 14-28th

Minneapolis...
reviews: 98
6. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

well, dad... since you are the diver... I think you are pretty much guaranteed to love Roatan... great reef! And as for your wife... mine - a snorkeler but no diver - has so far spent 6 weeks on Roatan and we have 6 more booked for early 2013.

In other words - go for it!

Mooretown
7. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Thanx Abroad

Do you dive, and if so who do you reccommend to dive w/

Also what about the water Taxi does it take you to the main TownI

Is the Henry Morgan OK we are not fussy just want a clean room and decent food

Thanx Again

Ferg

Minneapolis...
reviews: 98
8. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

I don't dive - but if you use the search within this forum you'll find lots of recommendations. Truth is, people seem highly satisfied... like 95% recommend the people they dived with. There are some good tips, though, about the style of the dive operators on West Bay Beach. Some operate larger boats and have larger groups, some smaller... that kind of thing.

I hope Momzferg is a snorkeler... she may want to ride along with the dive boat sometimes - many places seem to allow this for free or $15-20 if you are with a diver and the boat isn't too crowded. Since many of the dives consist of taking the boat outside the reef, then tethering to a buoy that is located on the reef... the divers are often putting in pretty close to the reef and swimming seaward... snorkelers can swim over the reef if the water is high enough, and watch the outer side of the reef which has some different fish/feeding stuff from the typical inside-the-reef snorkeling.

Water taxi consists of a number of open boats that haul people back and forth between West Bay Beach and West End for $3 a ride. For any other travel it is riding the local "bus" - a fleet of minivans that are cheap and an interesting interaction with the real life of the island... some folks would never get in these... and regular taxis.

In any case, except for groceries or going to the bank or perhaps for shopping for curios at Yaba Ding Ding - not much reason to ever go to "the main town." Coxen Hole is pretty much... a hole.

I think Henry Morgan will suit your needs just fine. Fact is, most of the main places in West Bay and West End are designed to provide basic accommodations and decent food.

After your first trip, you'll know which properties appeal to you for your return. Many of us do get sucked in by the Roatan vortex...

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 4
9. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

For what you guys in eastern Canada pay, I don't think you could go wrong with the Henry Morgan. Bring some extra $$ and enjoy a few nice dinners off the resort as well and you will be just fine.

Mooretown
10. Re: Henry Morgan versus Las Sirenas Honduras

Hi Div

Do you all pay alot more than us, we are looking at 1850 each for 2 weeks at end of Feb. what about you.

As long as food is Edible we are happy we are not fussy

Ferg

Get answers to your questions about West Bay