We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
reviews: 9
Infinity Bay

Trying to decide between Infinity Bay and perhaps something smaller Monkey La La studio? I am concerned that Infinity Bay might be to crowded? We would really like to find someplace with easy beach snorkeling, but not so crazy crowded? It would be great also if it had a pool and nice views, would like kitchen and wifi? Either west bay or west end, as long as it's quiet and the snorkeling is good. Any ideas??

I wander the world
reviews: 21
1. Re: Infinity Bay

If I understand this correctly.. Monkey La La is part of West Bay Village. The pics make it look cute, wonder if there is a sea view. There looks like a fair amount of shade (garden view) depending on the direction the hammock is facing. For the price I would suggest it is. Perhaps shooting an email to them would help ya find out. One of the few things I need is a sea view! :smile:

West Bay Village is right on the beach and shares a property boundary with Infinity Bay. The other boundary is a condo complex called Coral Sands. If you are concerned about the beach crowds, it will all be about the same.

From my experience the whole of West Bay Beach from Henry Morgan to past Infinity is crowded depending on time of year, time of day, weather and cruise schedule.

Cabana Lana, Foster's and Las Rocas are all on the other side of Henry Morgan, this area seems to be a bit more quiet. One can walk down the beach to snorkel from Infinity. No pools, Foster's has wifi but only near the office,

The easiest access to good snorkeling is if front of Infinity.

Have a look at this map.. It may give you a better idea is what West Bay is like. http://www.roatanwestbay.com/ It is possible to zoom in so it is easier to read.

You might have a look at some places in Sandy Bay, the accommodation is smaller, more locals around, less tourists, the reef is visible yet a bit of a swim out from the beach. I don't know which places in Sandy Bay have pools past Lawson Rock.

There was a poster not long ago who said he believed the best snorkeling was in front of Luna Beach just outside of West End.. but again the reef is a bit of a swim from the shore. There are far fewer people at Luna Beach. Hmmm I don't know about kitchens. They have a pool.

Another option would be to stay on the other side of West End, Cocolobo and Lands End, are quiet, on the iron shore..with seas views, pools and wifi. Again, I don't know about kitchens. From theses places you can walk to Half Moon Bay to snorkel or take a water taxi to West Bay.

Ya know, if you don't want to deal with the crowds on West Bay Beach you might consider a private home with a pool to rent. There are plenty of rental agencies who can help ya out.

Pretty much a choice has to be made, do you want to stay on the premiere beach on the island with easy access to snorkeling with all the other people wanting the same or do ya wanted be where less people are.

Course it maybe that crowded to you is not so much...there is both plenty of sand and sea of every one.

I am a fan of West Bay, I have stayed at Foster's several times, I don't need all the spit and polish of Infinity, Yes, there are a ton of people about but I don't so much mind...good for people watching. Walking distance to West End and hop a mini bus to Coxen Hole to the markets. Easy Peasy.

I have little doubt what ever you decide you will enjoy yourself.

reviews: 11
2. Re: Infinity Bay

We were there last month and highly recommend infinity bay. The beach has amazing snorkeling snorkeling and it was not a crowded beach t all. Some of the other properties (Mayan princess, etc.) much more crowded. Great pool, but the beaches were so pretty we didn't use..... Nice kitchen, wi-fi... All good.

Maui, Hawaii
reviews: 62
3. Re: Infinity Bay

love hovering over other people's questions and answers...so helpful! heading to infinity bay as my 1st trip to Roatan. hope it's as good as everyone says!!! then i'll be hooked and try to go often! ;)

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 24
4. Re: Infinity Bay

For a first visit you can't go wrong with Infinity Bay...just rent directly through an owner...it will be much less expensive for you...quite a few owners have their properties listed on vrbo. Stayed there this past February which is prime time...I would not describe it as "crowded" there...always easy to get a beach chair ..hardly anyone in the pool, always a seat available at the beach restaurant...etc..Using Infinity Bay as your home base you can always check out other snorkeling areas...and explore the island for other places to stay for your next trip. West Bay is just extremely convenient...and has a gorgeous white sandy beach with a reef right off the shore practically ....it doesn't get much better.

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 6
5. Re: Infinity Bay

I also considered Infinity but wanted something smaller. Finally went with Island Pearl. Not fancy; very casual, just what I was looking for. And price is much cheaper then infinity bay; more money for activities. But no pool. Good luck!

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 24
6. Re: Infinity Bay

We only paid $125 US total per night (no added taxes) directly through an owner for a one bedroom condo at Infinity Bay in prime time (first week of February 2011). This is much less expensive than the lowest priced accommodation Island Pearl is advertising on their website. I would recommend Infinity Bay to those that prefer a condo that is new, modern and somewhat upscale as compared to many other of the accommodations in Roatan. Although I didn't go in the pool at Infinity Bay (prefer to swim in the ocean) I still enjoyed the ambiance it added to the property. If you prefer rustic there are many accommodations in Roatan to choose from.

New jersey
reviews: 41
7. Re: Infinity Bay

I vote for Infinity Bay also, we rented from an owner and it was a painless experience at GREAT cost!. The apartments are very well equipt but if you do not want to cook you can eat at La Palapas or any other place within walking distance. The pool is the nicest in the island. I LOVED it, and will not hesitate to comeback!

Pleasanton...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Infinity Bay

I am trying to decide between those places too - IB and specifically Monkey Lala Studio. I just read a review about the studio that they were doing construction right next to it all day long. The review was from March this year. So I'm going to contact them to see if the construction is still going on, and also where exactly the studio is located (ocean view?). There are some great prices for studios and 1 bedrooms at IB on vrbo. I generally like something a little more rustic and less resort-y (thus Monkey Lala), but for an anniversary trip I'm leaning toward a little more luxury. Oh the decisions!

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 12
9. Re: Infinity Bay

We rented at West Bay Village last year - the best accomodation we have had yet on Roatan - we were at St Martin's Beachfront Apt - BEAUTIFUL. These properties are really well located and very well managed - great security and help from the managers - we would definately go there again but the weeks we need are already booked ;-( Monkey Lala is a little down the path from the Beach and would not have a sea view but really you are only 30 seconds from the beach. The only caution I would have is we were bothered more this last tripmore than ever before by the sand fly bites and many people (who stayed at various places on the island) said the same. I don't know if they used to spray more than they do now or if it was just a bad year but it is making us reconsider where we go in February.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 12
10. Re: Infinity Bay

Sorry - I mis-typed - it should have said St. Mac's beachfront - although we would also stay at Casa Martin in a hearbeat as well.