We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Semana Santa 2010

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Treesaw79
Semana Santa 2010

My husband and I visited Roatan in late January, stayed at Las Rocas, and absolutely loved it. He has been dying to go back, but it didn't look like there were any rooms available. We called Las Rocas, and they said that he must be the luckiest man alive as they just had a cancellation an hour before.

We've booked the room, but have come to find out that it's not booked simply because of Spring Break, but because of the Easter Holiday. I have seen on the internet that 5-6k people flock to West Bay Beach at this time, and we won't "find a place to lay a towel, much less walk." Is it really this crowded?? Also, I've also seen some information that indicates businesses close early and no alcohol is served during this week...Please advise if this is true or not!

salsa savant
reviews: 12
1. Re: Semana Santa 2010

Hi, I think if what I was told last year is correct that Semana Santa is the week that has Good Friday in it which is this Friday April 2, 2010. We were in Roatan last year during semana santa (ended Good Friday). We flew out on Good Friday and were unable to purchase alcohol at the duty free as it was Good Friday. I wonder if Semana Santa encompasses 2 weeks, but I doubt it. We were able to purchase beer at the snack stand in the airport on Good Friday. You should email the resort and ask them. I really do think that semana santa would end on Easter Sunday.

2. Re: Semana Santa 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 28, 2010