We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English Breakfast

Which Estreito da Calheta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calheta, Madeira
reviews: 39
English Breakfast

Anybody know a good place for reasonably priced and well presented traditional English breakfast? Preferably at or near Calheta but further afield OK if worth the drive.

Thanks for your help.

27 replies to this topic
Canterbury...
reviews: 1
21. Re: English Breakfast

just had an amazing english tea in a place called D,PETISCO located in lugar the baixo,ribeira brava ,madeira. they also have a baker baking the bread right before your eyes we did have one (papo seco) with butter ,) and the service was truly friendly nothing to much was trouble !! the young chap does speak english .i asked if they do english breakfast but was told that they want to keep the portuguese traditional food but english breakfast is coming in the near future but tea for now...

reviews: 25
22. Re: English Breakfast

Sometimes you just crave eggs and bacon and few sausages! Some of my best memories of traveling to England with my mother were the exquisite breakfasts served at the hotel that we stayed at. She still talks about how everything was served so nicely in the morning and how well the breakfasts were prepared. I love Portuguese food but after a week or so of the having the same type of breakfast at the hotel, I would love to find a place that serves and English style breakfast.

Canterbury...
23. Re: English Breakfast

watch this space ,they did say that it is on their agenda to do it but the madeirens do take their time ....

24. Re: English Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, February 05, 2012

Canterbury...
25. Re: English Breakfast

hi just letting you know that we have found a place that sells proper tea ! dont get me wrong i love the madeiran food but cant beat a traditional english tea !! and have just discovered a place that serves traditional english tea ,peppermint and earl grey in a village called lugar de baixo by the seaside the place name is DEPETISCO (restaurante/bar/backery) mind you they dont advertise it !!!! but all you have to do is ask for it !! their website is www.depetisco.com

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
reviews: 18
26. Re: English Breakfast

What constitutes a Maderian breakfast.

I find the "full English breakfast" quite amusing. During our last visit to the UK when we went into places that didn't advertise "full English breakfast" we were offered the same, with wonderful additions to the menu such as croissants and muesli. I call them "instant heart attacks", but I must say I do enjoy a quality pork sausage.

Whitstable, United...
reviews: 3
27. Re: English Breakfast

agree with you completly !! instant heart attacks !! just like when you go out for a meal ,you place your order and out of the blue the waiter asks did you want a garlic bread to get you going while you wait for your mail meals ?? and guess what ! you would say yes because you are fealing hungry !!!

Reply to: English Breakfast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estreito da Calheta
More Estreito da Calheta Topics