We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English Breakfast

Which Estreito da Calheta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calheta, Madeira
reviews: 43
English Breakfast

Anybody know a good place for reasonably priced and well presented traditional English breakfast? Preferably at or near Calheta but further afield OK if worth the drive.

Thanks for your help.

27 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 42
1. Re: English Breakfast

Not sure that Madeira is the place for an "English" breakfast. You could perhaps try "England" for one of those. I have found similar problems when looking for a good old "Scottish" breakfast and I am sure "Irish" people have similar problems. Don't know how "Welsh" people fare but perhaps they are able to find somewhere that does a "British" breakfast and then we can all be happy.

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 29
2. Re: English Breakfast

don't know anywhere in Calheta who does, but Moynahan's near the Carlton Hotel do and also the cafe overlooking the Marina in Funchal (next to the bus ticket kiosk) also do English breakfast.

Calheta, Madeira
3. Re: English Breakfast

Flowercity thanks for the info, maybe Funchal is too far to go just for breakfast.

PhilGB what are you on about? Are you having a rant or just pointlessly pontificating? I did ask a reasonably serious question.

We have had an offer from Quinta Alegre in Calheta, open to non-residents at 7 euros each, seems very reasonable so will try it sometime.

Calheta, Madeira
4. Re: English Breakfast

Now discovered that the last cafe along by the Calheta Marina does a not bad English breakfast for 5.50 !

Canterbury...
reviews: 1
5. Re: English Breakfast

hi there we have just taken over a restaurant/coffee shop in calheta and english breakfast will definetly be on the menu especially that there are a few bristish people living in calheta/arco da calheta that will give them some great home memories ,having lived in the uk for over sixteen years and worked in catering for all this time i truly belive that english breakfast is a winner by a mile ,the restaurant is up and running however i wont post the address yet because we are trying to find a way to export the ingredients from the uk especially sausages ,black pudding and bacon (from kent)

5/1/12 we hope to have news by the end of the month if anyone needs more info please email me at filipesilva1@btinternet.com

Canterbury...
reviews: 1
6. Re: English Breakfast

5.50 for a breafast is way to expensive i think !! that,s more than what we pay in the uk and comparing the wages peope get !!!!, they are taking advantage of the holiday makers but what about the local bristish people will they be happy to pay all that when with that money you could have a lunch meal !!

madeira
Destination Expert
7. Re: English Breakfast

Why have English breakfast , this is Madeira, not England. Bacon, sausage and blackpudding are widely available. You will find importing very expensive, or even not possible because of food lmport restrictions.

Keep Madeira, Madeira don't turn it into a spanish type Island.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 42
8. Re: English Breakfast

Exactly, flowercity. I did try a humorous reply earlier but why, for heaven's sake, do people want to turn the place into 'Madeira-shire'? Travel is supposed to broaden the mind.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: English Breakfast

Phil and Flowercity - I echo every word you say.

madeira
Destination Expert
10. Re: English Breakfast

Just a PS to Filipe S, you cannot advertise on Trip Advisor so if you chose to publish your buisiness details, your post will be deleted by the moderator. Read the posting guidelines first.

Reply to: English Breakfast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estreito da Calheta
More Estreito da Calheta Topics