We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight dog-sled excursion from Ice Hotel

Which Jukkasjarvi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Overnight dog-sled excursion from Ice Hotel

Hi, I have booked Ice Hotel. Unfortunately Ice Rooms were fully booked so I booked a warm room for one night. I also booked an overnight dog-sled excursion. That is what I'm a little worried. I live in Singapore with summer temperature all year round. I've been to many winter hols and even to snow-shoeing adventure in Northern Canada, winter ski trips, etc. So winter is not that alien to me. But being on an overnight dog-sled adventure is NEW especially in such bitter cold artic region. Does any one have any experience to share with me? What if I get too cold during the ride out in the open? Any recourse to warm up, etc? I do know the Ice Hotel provides outer clothing, boots and gloves but is it enough especially when you are travelling at some speed with the dogs? Any tips and advice most welcome to help me make my trip bearable from the cold. Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 50
1. Re: Overnight dog-sled excursion from Ice Hotel

I expect the clothes to be warm enough for that, and you will probably also get a warm blanket (reindeer skin) to cover you with when you are in the sled.

The winter overall that you borrow is really warm, it's also used when you ride snowmobiles, and they are way faster than a dog sled :)

Linkoping, Sweden
2. Re: Overnight dog-sled excursion from Ice Hotel

You'll be alright. I'm sure that the tour guides know what they are doing. They are probably very used to tourists being anxious about the cold. If you freeze a little, it will perhaps just add to the experience. If you, contrary to what I expect, freeze a lot, you will at least have a story to tell for years and years. ;)

Reply to: Overnight dog-sled excursion from Ice Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jukkasjarvi
More Jukkasjarvi Topics