We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing for Ice Hotel

Which Jukkasjarvi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maputo, Mozambique
reviews: 4
Clothing for Ice Hotel

I understand that the Ice Hotel provides a warm coat, gloves and boots for guests. Does this mean I can save on luggage by bring more lightweight (but warm) shoes and coat, while travelling between Stockholm and Kiruna?

Gavle, Sweden
reviews: 85
1. Re: Clothing for Ice Hotel

Hi CormacQuinn;

We currently have an unusually cold and snowy winter in most of Sweden.

The temperature today in both Stockholm and Kiruna is about -11 to -14 degrees C. In Umea, about half way in between, it's -19 C today.

So if you are planning on spending any time outside on your trip from Stockholm to the Ice Hotel it's good idea to dress in proper winter clothes. Warm shoes and coat, long johns, gloves and a beanie.

Have a nice stay!

/sun

Maputo, Mozambique
reviews: 4
2. Re: Clothing for Ice Hotel

Thanks!

We are flying to Kiruna directly from Stockholm but will dress warm. I am hoping that the cold winter will ease by February but you never know!

Cormac

3. Re: Clothing for Ice Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Jukkasjarvi
More Jukkasjarvi Topics