We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Carleton Place...
reviews: 100
Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Hubby and I had a great time. My 4th time to Cuba, his first. He LOVED it.

Full review in the next few days.

The weather was excellent..well above average temperatures for this time of year...HOT HOT HOT (43 c on the way back to the airport). Perfect beach weather most of the week.

As with most hotels in Cuba, there is lots to pick at or complain about if you so choose...and there is also lots to enjoy and appreciate as well.

We chose to overlook a few things and focus on the fact we were on a beautiful beach away from the cold and enjoying quality time together.

I was at the Blau next door in Feb and have concluded...the 2 are very comparable..most travelors would be happy at either.

The Blau for me was marginally better..but that is based on our personal preferences...someone else will say they like PCV better based on their personal preferances. Truthfully they both offer similar vacation experiences on the same beach.

We have a few other vacations planned and booked for the next year or 2 so unless we decide to do an unplanned holiday because of a great price we won't be back to Cuba for a couple of years. When we do go back it will be to the Blau after the new section is complete.

Regardless of which hotel you choose, if you go looking to have a great time with friends and family and decide not to sweat the small stuff..you will have a great time.

Feel free to ask any questions......

for all the snorkelers....the reef was not affected by hurricane Sandy. A few fans were down but other than that it was good....better in fact than when I was there in Feb.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
1. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Pleased that you had a good time at the PCV and look forward to reading your review.

Carleton Place...
2. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Thanks Ken! Very good week. No complaints...except the paths are too dark at night..I tripped over a loose stepping stone on the first night and fell and scraped my leg...thankfully nothing too series. We ran into a couple from Whales who had the same problem..he tripped and fell and she tripped over him and fell.

Other than that any other complaints would be nit picky

Very good experience with many of the staff and met some great folks. Including Wendy from this forum.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

I do agree with you that the paths are poorly lit at night but, overall, I'm glad that you had a great holiday.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Good to hear you had a great time.

Welcome home to CWS!

Nickie

Bowmanville, Canada
reviews: 103
5. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Looked for you guys there but there were a lot of guests. Sorry we did not get to meet you, maybe we will see you again. We sat to the right of the pool bar all week (if you are looking at the bar) and had a great time.

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it as well.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

I thought we might hear from rubberring after her trip to PCV...she had lots of excited countdowns going! Hope she had a good time, I pm'd her, but so far have had no reply.

Nickie

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

Nickie:

I agree, it does seem strange doesn't it.

Carleton Place...
8. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

she may just be busy with Christmas and New years.

I know someone else who has not been on ..but it's because she had a sever allergic reaction when away..she was treated with a shot while there but as soon as she got home she went to emergency and was in hospital for 3 days...

I have hardly been on since I got back...too busy with life at this time of year.

waterloo
9. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

What is the disco like at PCV?? I am travelling with teens??

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Back from a fantastic week at PCV

It's called Illusions and it's very good.