We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos and Seasons

Which Agonda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
reviews: 14
Mosquitos and Seasons

What is the best time to visit, that is the least crowded with best weather? Are mosquitos worse or better at certain times of year and in do the resort owners like White Sands Villas provide enough protection or do you need to bring your own room repellants?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 28
1. Re: Mosquitos and Seasons

Less crowded between November and mid-December, or end of January to end of March. Better weather IMHO November-December. Mosquitoes worse leading up to, during and just after the monsoon which is June to September, but they're around all the time.

I don't know what the White Sands Villas provides, but I would very definitely take deet based repellent from wherever you are if you are a mozzie magnet. You can buy Odomos in Goa, but I have never found it to be effective, although others do - it doesn't contain enough deet to keep the little b*ggers away from me. Also buy a plug-in repellent for your room when you're there.

Somerset England
reviews: 5
2. Re: Mosquitos and Seasons

The best mozzy repelant in the room over night is the overhead fan, keep that on and they cant fly in the breeze, failing that a mozzy net but i find them too claustrophobic and i feel like im caught in a fishing net.

Also eat lots of garlic and spice they dont like it

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
reviews: 14
3. Re: Mosquitos and Seasons

Thank you LondonGoagirl and Russ146, both very helpful replies! :)

4. Re: Mosquitos and Seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 17, 2013