We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lauloa it is....

Which Maalaea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
Lauloa it is....

I started looking at condos for my husband and myself about a month ago for our trip next Jan-Feb....started off looking at studios in the Kaanapalli - Napili Bay area and worked south...found these amazingly priced units in Maalaea. My sister and brother in law have decided to come too so now started looking at 2 bedroom units. We found a beautiful ground floor (my husband insisted on ground floor likes to just walk out his door to the pool and grass) unit in Lauloa. Fifty feet from the ocens edge with unobstructed view of the water from the lanai. Emailed the owners and our dates are available. No sandy beach in front but we're just a short walk away from miles of undeveloped sandy shore line. I like the central location of Maalaea. My husband and I have been to Maui once before 7 years ago and my sister and brother-in-law have never been. Booking next week and then the count down starts. Has anyone stayed at the Lauloa before?

5 replies to this topic
los angeles, ca
reviews: 3
1. Re: Lauloa it is....

We are currently at the Lauloa until mid of Feb. I think it depends on which unit and what your personal preferences might be. We definitely wouldn't want a ground floor as everyone else becomes a part of your stay, and we like our privacy alot.. We enjoy it here, as we like the extended lanai that is also outside bedroom not just livingroom. This is high season, so the prices seem astronmical to me! We visited Waimea today and the prices there are similar, and it is supposedly much more upscale, if you feel comfortable in more of a resort enviornment. We are more comfortable here. This unit works for us, although some may expect upgraded bathrooms, kitchen, etc. for the price, which is not the case. Simple but adequate and very functional. Only complaints are that the trash chute was actually full and could not put trash in from 2nd floor so had to go to top floor chute. And screen over window in kitchen is actually scotch-taped in place, which doesn't work well. This window is important as it provides cross breeze from lanai throughout condo. Otherwise, we think it's nice, albeit very windy here.

san francisco
reviews: 44
2. Re: Lauloa it is....

We are staying at the harbor in Maalea, arriving next week. When we were last in Maui at Napili, the traffic was so bad I've never forgotten it, so that's why I picked Maalea for this visit. Send me a message after Christmas and I'll tell you how the area was.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
3. Re: Lauloa it is....

An old thread..............Chrissy is staying on the West side this coming January, not Maalaea.

san francisco
reviews: 44
4. Re: Lauloa it is....

Duh, one of these days I'll learn to read! I'm just having so much fun absorbing all the TA intel about Maui.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
5. Re: Lauloa it is....

JSN ... no problem. We all miss the dates from time to time ... and have been asking TA to include them on the listing so they are easier to catch.

Reply to: Lauloa it is....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted