We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch spots in Maalaea?

Which Maalaea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
92 reviews
lunch spots in Maalaea?

Mom is a vegetarian and we'll be driving from the OGG airport to our Westin around lunchtime. Maalaea looks like a nice stopping place for lunch. Any suggestions?

I also posted this in the Kahului thread, but I wasn't sure where to post, nor where to eat, so forgive me for the duplicity.

Thanks for any tips!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
11 reviews
11. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

In our 2 times trying out Leoda's this past winter, I agree with sw. Somewhat overpriced for both the pies and food. I got better pastries at Foodland Farms and far cheaper.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
23 reviews
12. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

For an "in-transit" lunch stop I would probably pick Seascape at the Maui Ocean Center. It's good, with a nice view and lots of island breeze. I would save Waterfront for a day when I wasn't tired from flying and in a hurry to get to my lodging. It is a special place, and should be savored when you are settled into your relaxed Maui mode.

Dallas, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
365 reviews
13. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Re: Costco hot dogs -- must not have my tongue poking into my cheek hard enough. LOL. As for Leoda's -- for most folks, the attraction there is the pie, not the view. Still miss Chez Paul, though.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
92 reviews
14. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

New solution: lunch in Paia with my friends who live there and have the day off from work!

No expensive pies for my Mom! LOL

Thanks!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
29 reviews
15. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Lunch in Paia sounds great! Where do your local friends propose that you eat? We love Cafe Mambo. Milagro and Flatbread are very vegetarian friendly, I think. Try Ono Gelato for dessert!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
92 reviews
16. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Fresh Mint or Flatbread are what we are thinking about. And, I definitely plan to take Mom for gelato at Ono Gelato! I had some the last time I was in Paia and it was divine!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
17. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Beach bums is Maalaea other than that Carl's Junior but I think they are over priced at carl's Junior.

18. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, April 15, 2014