We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch spots in Maalaea?

Which Maalaea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 78
lunch spots in Maalaea?

Mom is a vegetarian and we'll be driving from the OGG airport to our Westin around lunchtime. Maalaea looks like a nice stopping place for lunch. Any suggestions?

I also posted this in the Kahului thread, but I wasn't sure where to post, nor where to eat, so forgive me for the duplicity.

Thanks for any tips!

Houston
reviews: 7
11. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

In our 2 times trying out Leoda's this past winter, I agree with sw. Somewhat overpriced for both the pies and food. I got better pastries at Foodland Farms and far cheaper.

Milwaukie, Oregon
reviews: 24
12. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

For an "in-transit" lunch stop I would probably pick Seascape at the Maui Ocean Center. It's good, with a nice view and lots of island breeze. I would save Waterfront for a day when I wasn't tired from flying and in a hurry to get to my lodging. It is a special place, and should be savored when you are settled into your relaxed Maui mode.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 266
13. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Re: Costco hot dogs -- must not have my tongue poking into my cheek hard enough. LOL. As for Leoda's -- for most folks, the attraction there is the pie, not the view. Still miss Chez Paul, though.

New Orleans...
14. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

New solution: lunch in Paia with my friends who live there and have the day off from work!

No expensive pies for my Mom! LOL

Thanks!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
15. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Lunch in Paia sounds great! Where do your local friends propose that you eat? We love Cafe Mambo. Milagro and Flatbread are very vegetarian friendly, I think. Try Ono Gelato for dessert!

New Orleans...
16. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Fresh Mint or Flatbread are what we are thinking about. And, I definitely plan to take Mom for gelato at Ono Gelato! I had some the last time I was in Paia and it was divine!

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 8
17. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Beach bums is Maalaea other than that Carl's Junior but I think they are over priced at carl's Junior.

18. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, April 15, 2014