We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch spots in Maalaea?

Which Maalaea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 78
lunch spots in Maalaea?

Mom is a vegetarian and we'll be driving from the OGG airport to our Westin around lunchtime. Maalaea looks like a nice stopping place for lunch. Any suggestions?

I also posted this in the Kahului thread, but I wasn't sure where to post, nor where to eat, so forgive me for the duplicity.

Thanks for any tips!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 6
1. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Aloha,

I'd go to The Waterfront-great choices all around. Do make sure that all your luggage is in the trunk--and don't open the trunk, dig around, then close it and go to the restaurant. While the parking lot there doesn't have tons of thefts from motor vehicle cases, it has some.

Benicia, California
reviews: 70
2. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

I will second swmarket's recommendation of The Waterfront Restaurant. We had dinner there recently, and it was excellent!

New Orleans...
3. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

ok, thanks!

good to know about the security/safety issues, too.

Maui
Destination Expert
4. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Aloha,

You're welcome!

Of you want to delete your duplicate thread, click on the "report inappropriate content" button. Scroll down to the bottom of the pulldown menu, and click on "delete my own post". The whole thread will disappear soon.

New Orleans...
5. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Thanks, swmarket, I know how to delete, but not yet, please. I'm waiting to see if any other suggestions come through for lunch on the road from the airport to the Westin. If there are suggestions for closer to the airport, instead of Maalaea, then I'll see what folks on that forum say.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 270
6. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Or, for an even better lunch (with yummy desserts!), drive another 10 minutes to Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop, about 5 miles south of Lahaina.

Close to the airport, there's always Costco hot dogs. :-D

Edited: 3:31 pm, October 21, 2012
New Orleans...
7. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Costco hot dogs, LOL, for a vegetarian and an anti-fastfood diner, ha, ha!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei
reviews: 16
8. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Another vote for Waterfront. Wonderful view, relaxing, great lunches.

Maui
Destination Expert
9. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Aloha,

John, if you can get from Maalaea to Olowalu in ten minutes..........can I borrow your helicopter??!! It would make Costco and Home Depot runs so much easier, lol.

Leoda's is good, I agree.........but no view and I also find it pricey for what one gets. Just my opinion.

anchorage
10. Re: lunch spots in Maalaea?

Waterfront has wonderful, healthy food. Wish it were dinner tonight. :-) Deb