We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milowaii condos

Which Maalaea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yreka, California
reviews: 1
Milowaii condos

Does anyone have any expierence with this condo complex? I am not concerned with it's location in Maalaea as we have stayed in that area several times in the past. This complex has a 3 bedroom unit that would meet our needs for a family gathering, but I am unfamiliar with this complex.

Thanks for any information.

Milwaukie, Oregon
reviews: 24
1. Re: Milowaii condos

I have stayed at several of the Maalaea condo complexes. A "con" with Milowai is that the building shades the pool most of the day. Also, very little in the way of grounds and landscaping. A "pro" was when we were there for a meteor shower several years ago and witnessed it through floor to ceiling windows.

As you probably know, it is hard to find 3 bedroom units. The only other complex I know of in Maalaea that has them is Lauloa.

Yreka, California
2. Re: Milowaii condos

Thanks for the reply. Is there much beach? Can you snorkle out front?

Thanks

Yreka, California
3. Re: Milowaii condos

Thanks for your reply. Do you recall if there is any beach and can you snorkle out front. Thanks

Milwaukie, Oregon
4. Re: Milowaii condos

There is no beach at most of the complexes on Hauoli St. There is a narrow strip of sand in front of the last 3 condos (Kanai A Nalu, Hono Kai, and Makani a Kai). I usually stay at Kanai A Nalu and enter the ocean there when it is calm... which is most mornings. At the end of the road is Haycraft Park, the start of Sugar Beach. Fun place to play in the ocean but not good for snorkeling as there is no reef.

I'm not sure about snorkeling in front of the rocky shoreline by Milowai and Lauloa. I did see divers in the water in front of Lauloa and there is a nice set of stairs there for easy entry into the water. Milowai is close to where the boats go in and out of the harbor and doesn't look appealing for water activities. I enjoy the oceanviews and modest prices in Maalaea but drive elsewhere for the best beaches and snorkeling. If great beachfront is top priority you might need to up the budget and/or settle for a 2 bedroom condo in a different location.

Yreka, California
5. Re: Milowaii condos

Thanks again, The owner of the property did a "bait and switch"and doubled the rate over night. I'll be checking further down the street.

Milwaukie, Oregon
6. Re: Milowaii condos

Smiley:

Did you see this listing for a 3 bedroom condo at Lauloa?

www.vrbo.com/347419

I stayed at this complex (2 bedroom unit, though) in January. Met the owner of this 3 bedroom at the pool. Nice lady. The local manager lives on-site.

One excellent feature at Lauloa is the HUGE lanai, running the length of the living room and master bedroom. Fabulous views of the ocean and harbor activity.

Yreka, California
7. Re: Milowaii condos

Thanks, I think we are going to go with this.

VRBO 226751.

The reason is I need two 3 bedroom units and he has them.

Appriciate all your imput.

Milwaukie, Oregon
8. Re: Milowaii condos

Very nice! Maalaea Banyans is one of my favorite properties. I forgot about the extra bedroom in their 4th floor units. I believe one is an open loft, but still better than having people sacked out in the living room. This complex is an easy walk to the beach at Haycraft Park.

9. Re: Milowaii condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, May 30, 2014