We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How windy does it get in Maalaea?

Which Maalaea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walnut Creek...
How windy does it get in Maalaea?

I am planning a trip to Maui and I found a beautiful ocean view condo in Maalaea. I like the idea of it being more quiet than Lahaina and Wailea areas, but I have seen a couple of comments about the wind. Is it windy every day? And excessively? I plan to go in Novemberl

14 replies to this topic
Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
11. Re: How windy does it get in Maalaea?

What you get in north Kihei is the "real deal". In other words, the land before the landscapers tore it up!! Sure, it's not as manicured as south Maui or the other areas of Maui, but it's what nature gave Maui. If one looks, you will find a great beach, some of the best snorkeling and the most sun anywhere on Maui located right there in north Kihei. You will also find natural sand dunes, and an ancient fish pond. If you can deal with the wind, this place is for you.

Milwaukie, Oregon
reviews: 24
12. Re: How windy does it get in Maalaea?

I just returned from a week in Maalaea. Condos there look out at one of the best ocean views on the island. Lots of whale activity, plus the usual canoes and boats drifting past. I particularly like looking across the bay in the evening as the lights start twinkling in the communities on the slopes of Haleakala.

Sebring, Florida
reviews: 9
13. Re: How windy does it get in Maalaea?

It is windy every afternoon, when the trade winds start. Quite beneficial - don't need A/C if you are staying in a condo. We love Maui....have been going there every year since 1983! Used to stay in Kihei at the old Maui Lu hotel. Finally got smart and realized to was less expensive to stay in a condo and prepare some of our meals than eating out 3 X/day!

Watch for the whales. Seems they are arriving earlier and earlier. We will be there in February for two weeks at the Maalea Kai.............Can't wait : - )

p.s. Try Cuatro Restaurant - very good! Stella Blue good for BIG breakfasts. Have also had good meals at: Mama's Fish House and Haiilimalie (sp?) We found the meal and service at Maalea Harbor left a lot to be desired. Thery are, unfortunately, becoming overrated. Used to be one of our favorites - not any more. Old Lahaina Luau is excellent. Also Uulani very good show.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

reviews: 3
14. Re: How windy does it get in Maalaea?

Your review is very helpful. Thanks. We will be in a Maalea Bay condo first 2 weeks of December. What are your favorite snorkling locations, beaches? This is our first visit.

Reply to: How windy does it get in Maalaea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted