We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No construction work at Cayo Levantado

Which Santa Barbara de Samana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamworth
reviews: 5
No construction work at Cayo Levantado

After more than 2 hours on the phone to Thomson they stated according to their data base there are no construction activities at Cayo Levantado. When told of the pictures posted on tripadvisor they told me they would have to wait for the hotel to contact them.

One lady told me that it was just a painting exercise, which I responded to, do they paint with diggers in the Dominicon Republic.

Finally they informed me that if any building work is started a letter would be sent to Thomson shop where I had booked the holiday and they would contact me.

What a load of bo××××ks!

Toronto
reviews: 12
1. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

I guess it's time to post the full length video on Youtube.

I have all sorts of video, different hours of the day - sunrise, sunset....mid-afternoon siesta time......Different dates, rain ...sunny days.....

Air Canada Vacations has updated their website to include the construction status to read:

"The hotel is currently constructing new rooms and is estimated to be completed by November 30, 2013. They will re-start the renovations on May 01/14 until Oct 31/14.Work begins at 7:30 am until 8pm every day and as a result, there is minimal visual and various noise distractions throughout the day."

This was updated after October 21st, 2013.

Maybe ask Thomson to respond to the ACV status.....unless it's a different Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, Don Pablo Collection resort?

Edited: 3:25 pm, October 29, 2013
Tamworth
2. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

KeriandPats

Post the vids

Scotland
reviews: 23
3. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

I posted this on the other topic about construction....

I emailed thomson and asked them about the building works their reply was as follows

Thanks for your email about your holiday to the Dominican Republic. What a fantastic choice of destination I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

I've looked into this for you and there is building work at the hotel. They're building a new block but this will not affect any customers.

All customers will be allocated away from the work and should not experience any disturbances.

You can login to https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx and see our suggested 'holiday checklist' to ensure you have everything before you go

I hope the above has answered your query, but if you have any other questions then you're welcome to get back in touch. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Kind regards,

Lucie Papsikova

I advised them about the complaints/video on trip advisor, they said they would contact the resort team and get back to me

Tamworth
4. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

They don't want to offer refunds or alternative holidays as stated in ABTA code of conduct

england
reviews: 59
5. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

Sorry guys but Thomson want to get you in resort, you are paying for the best level hotel in Samana if you dont like it when you get there what are your options? Two other hotels in Samana or transfer to Ambar in Punta Cana - taking a day out of your holiday, most people would just put up with it and register a complaint when they get home, six months later you might get a voucher from Thomson or £100 each off your next holiday with them.

If I were booked within the next six months I would just email the hotel and ask for specifics, how long, where and how big... what is the time from for first fixings and completion. As mentioned previously once the major building work is completed, depending on the size of the construction site, then the fittings and decorating should be quieter.... shame on Thomson - again

Morecambe, United...
reviews: 119
6. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

Full reply I got from hotel, we are going April 2014

Dear Mrs. Gallaghan,

Receive a warm greeting from all the staff in our hotel Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, especially from our Customer Service & Quality Department.

First of all we would like to thank you for contacting us.

We would like you to know that Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, making an effort to meet the needs and expectations of our guests, started this new project of expansion so that all our guests can continue enjoying our little paradise, and still maintaining our high quality of service, providing a wider choice of rooms.

In the same way, we must add that building work is only made at reasonable times in order to preserve the peace and calm of our guests. We estimate to complete the works for early spring 2014, although we can not guarantee or be certain that it will be completed for an exact date but by that time we should only have minor works that shall not affect the complete satisfaction of your holidays. Please note that the location of the work is not a problem for the total enjoyment of our facilities, as it is quite separate from the areas of service.

The allocation of the rooms for our clients is made according to the room category you have booked. In the event that you or any other guest present any discomfort, we always make the best in our hands, according to availability, to provide a room change so that we fully compile your expectation of an enjoyable vacation. We have an entire team at your disposal.

Once again, thank you for your trust and for choosing our Hotel as your holiday destination. We hope you found this information helpful and that our attempt to improve does not prevent you from visit us in April 2014. We look forward to your visit to make of your holiday a memorable experience.

We remain at your service in case you may need any additional information.

Best regards,

Indiana Castaños

Jefe de Calidad & Customer Service

Tel:+1 (809) 538 32 32 · Ext: 5001

Email: customerservicebpcle@bahia-principe.com

Isla Cayo Levantado, s/n; PO Box: 32000

Samaná - República

Toronto
reviews: 12
7. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

Certainly wasn't the case when we were there. Perhaps we should have dealt with a different manager. He did not seem to be aware of of anniversary nor room request.

Having said that, we had a few exchanges with Stephanie and she was awesome. We didn't meet her until halfway through our trip.

I was shocked when the other fellow, took us to a room on the 3rd floor that was leaking from the ceiling( it was gushing) lol. We could have filled an 8oz glass every 5 mins or so.

Still facing the jackhammering but with a better view of the staff toilets. We decided just to stay with our fifth floor room.

However, none of that sewage odor that we had from our room on the fifth. Mind you, that odor was only in the morning, the rest of the day was good. We would just prop the door open on our balcony to air out the room. We had to decide between sewer odor or jackhammering, No contest there.

It really sounds like we dealt with the wrong person.

Edited: 12:51 pm, October 30, 2013
8. Re: No construction work at Cayo Levantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara de Samana