We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to Cayo Levantado?

Which Santa Barbara de Samana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Boat to Cayo Levantado?

Hi, we're arriving GBP Cayacoa tomorrow, and would like to know if we can take the free boat over to Cayo Levantado? If not, is there a local ferry for us to take, in order to enjoy the beach?

Thanks, Steve

england
reviews: 61
1. Re: Boat to Cayo Levantado?

The ferry from the mainland takes you to the private dock of the hotel and is quite a ways from Caycoa, not sure if you can be cheeky and get a lift over, the wrist bands at Cayo are pretty distinctive, but I might try the 'can I get a tour of the hotel' tack. There are lots of people running boats to the island during the cruise season and they land on the Bacardi Beach, which is the public beach part of the island - but not sure if we are yet in Cruise Ship season, Terry might be able to tell you.

Shelburne, Ontario
2. Re: Boat to Cayo Levantado?

If you go down to the beach area just to the right of the elevator and speak to the fellows at the sports centre, they will take you over to the free beach at Cayo Levantado, which is called Bacardi Island. They will drop you off and come and pick you back up at whatever time you agree on. You can buy drinks at the public beach ( the best pina coladas in a pineapple and coco locos in a real cocount), you can buy food there, you can shop at many vendor stations and there are lounge chairs on the beach. Negotiate with the fellows - I think we paid $20.00 or $25.00 per couple. Well worth it.

3. Re: Boat to Cayo Levantado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara de Samana