We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Levantado buffet

Which Santa Barbara de Samana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 18
Cayo Levantado buffet

I have been reading the reviews and there seems to be a fair amount on the a la cartes but not too much on the buffet.

I would imagine most people use it for breakfast but how was it for supper?

I imagine shorts and sandals are allowed at it and pants at the a la catres for men.

Any info would be appreciated so I will pack the right items.

Leaving next weekend and can't wait.

Steve

NJ
reviews: 115
1. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

I did not noticed any restrictions what to wear to buffet for dinner. But people were dressed nicely for dinner time. Food was good but there were not as much choice as you can see at big hotels. Buffet is actually small. But sitting area extends outside to the terrace where night entertainment is held.

england
reviews: 61
2. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

As you go into the buffet on the right hand side is a notice board which gives details of the theme of the buffet each night, our favourites were oriental and Gala - lobster from the grill. This notice board also gives information about the dress code in the restaurant - which I understand has tightened up a little since the new manager arrived but check with PMAL he is just back or PM someone who is doing live posts at the moment, when we were there smart shorts were acceptable but men were turned away if they were wearing collarless shirts, vests or T shirts and scruffy short type attire. With only about 400 guests on site to feed there does not need to be acres of buffet, however it changes each day and we found the food to be excellent considering everything had to be brought in - look out for the roving cart each night which usually had some sort of carved meat on it, the suckling pig was very good as was the baked gammon on Caribean night with sweet and sour sauce - can still taste it now...

Lisbon,Portugal
reviews: 48
3. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

steeeve - The new European Manager team has tightened up a little the dress code all over the place. Outside every restaurant (including the buffet) you'll have a sign with the information about the dress code in the restaurant. I never had dinner at the buffet, but i when we arrive at the lobby for a final drink, 90% of the people look dress up. The buffet at dinner maybe is more relaxed that the a la cartes, because i never saw any men with shorts at dinner at the a la carte, and if you try to got with them they will ask you to go back and put pants. No collarless shirts, vests or T shirts. No problem with "fancy" sandals, but it's better closed shoes. If you have some boat shoes(shop.timberland.com/category/index.jsp…) they would be just fine. This kind of shoes are my favorite and i use them all year around.

toronto
reviews: 18
4. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

thanks for all the info guys and looking forward to this holiday

Steve

Lisbon,Portugal
reviews: 48
5. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

Steve - It's almost time for you to arrive at this paradise island. Looking forward for some "live posting"... lol...

Reading, United...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

I've seen on another review that shorts & flip flops aren't allowed in the buffet restaurant for breakfast or lunch - I can understand for dinner, as it's nice to get dressed up, but for breakfast???

Can anyone tell me what's acceptable in the restaurant for breakfast please? We normally pop into the restaurants on the way to the pool or beach, but won't be able to do this if we've got to dress up!!

I'm getting a little concerned that I'll have to pack so many clothes :-)

Southampton, United...
7. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

Shorts and flip flops are fine in the buffet for lunch. Tailored shorts and shoes (ie, boat shoes) are allowed in the buffet, but not in the al la carte restaurants

Toronto
reviews: 9
8. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

No Sandals allowed in the buffet?

england
reviews: 61
9. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

GMANT - we had not issues with sandals in May - only vests where male arms are fully exposed were turned away, and of course bare chests even in the beach snack bar.

We saw quite a number of guys in TIVO type sandals for breakfast but swimmers and vests were politely asked to reattire - but as I said there are notices outside the show you what is the norm.

I would say that most people are like you go into breakfast on the way to the pool or beach, as mentioned previously there is no need to head down to the sunbeds before as there are loads to go around.

Toronto
reviews: 9
10. Re: Cayo Levantado buffet

Thanks for the clarification! In all that heat shoes make no sense to me!

Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara de Samana