We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannakhet to Phonsavan

Which Savannakhet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Savannakhet to Phonsavan

Can I get from Sav to Phon by bus ? How long ? Comfort ? I need to finish up at Vientienne eventually. Another option would be to go to Hue and make my way up Nam Can border and cross to Phon that way. Thoughts ? Suggestions ? Phil.

Laos
reviews: 12
1. Re: Savannakhet to Phonsavan

From Savannakhet to Phonsavanh you would have to pass through Vientiane anyway, so if you have the time, it may be an idea to go via Hue to save going back on yourself.

Savannakhet to Phonsavanh you are looking at about 2 days by bus. You could get the VIP overnight bus from Savannakhet to Vientiane, arriving early morning and then straight on a public bus up to Phonsavan. Would not recommend it though - trip via Hue would be much nicer if you have the time.

Australia
2. Re: Savannakhet to Phonsavan

Thanks for that. I assumed that this was the case. it just looked like there was a road going up to Phon from Sav. Obviously not a well worn route.

Laos
reviews: 12
3. Re: Savannakhet to Phonsavan

There is a road - just via Vientiane :)

4. Re: Savannakhet to Phonsavan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 29, 2010