We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Florence

Which Palaia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 28
Trip to Florence

Hope someone could please advise me. I'm traveling to Palaia on holidays with my 19 month old daughter. We are planning on visiting Florence which i've read is best to go on the train. Would it be advisable to stay overnight or would it be easy enough to get a train back in the evening? thanks

Montreal
1. Re: Trip to Florence

There is no train station in Palaia.

Will you have a car? The closest town with trains to Florence is Pontedera.

Train schedules and fares are at www.trenitalia.com

There are evening trains back to Pontedera, but whether you overnight in Florence is really a personal decision.

Edited: 1:39 pm, September 06, 2010
Watertown, MA
reviews: 12
2. Re: Trip to Florence

You would have to take a bus to Pontedera (Pontedera-Casciana Terme station) and then the train to Florence. The train portion takes less than an hour and there are quite alot of trains.

Not sure how often the bus goes from Palaia and Pontedera. Perhaps you can email/call your hotel and find out?

good luck!

3. Re: Trip to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:48 am, March 06, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Palaia
Recent Conversations