We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Las Galeras

Which Las Galeras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Gatos...
Transportation to Las Galeras

Which airport is best to fly into from JFK if I'm going to Las Galeras ? I assumed St. Domingo. And what is best mode of transport from airport to Las Galeras. I am a mom and 17 year old daughter. Now kind of concerned that renting a car wouldn't be a good idea for us. Where do we get a bus? How much is is it? How do I reserve?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Transportation to Las Galeras

Jet Blue has 2x week flights ex JFK into El Catey Samana airport. Taxis are waiting outside arrivals. Second best is SDQ with a more expensive Taxi or transfer ride.

nyc
reviews: 7
2. Re: Transportation to Las Galeras

From jfk fly to samana I believe azs is the airport code. From azs take a taxi to you resort. Jfk is the only u.s. airport to samana.

If you cant work out that flight, jfk to azs, your next option is jfk to sdq.

There isnt a bus direct from the airport to samana. There is a bus station in the capitol or a bus station a few minutes from the airport. Do a search or ask in the samana forum.

You can always take a taxi from sdq direct to las galeras , but its around $300 each way for the taxi, not per passenger.

Los Gatos...
3. Re: Transportation to Las Galeras

Thanks to both of the people who replied. I will look into flights to Samana instead of Sto. Domingo.

Reply to: Transportation to Las Galeras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted