We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Galeras Beaches

Which Las Galeras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 2
Las Galeras Beaches

Can someone tell me (in their humble opinion) which beach in this area would be the best for snorkelling? Hopefully, it isn't too far from Grand Paradise Resort?

20 replies to this topic
Las Galeras...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

The best closest and easiest to get to from GPS is Playita, if you know where to snorkel that is. I often draw people a map of the reef off the beach so they get to see as much as possible. Let me know if you would like one.

toronto
2. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

Would love a copy....thank you so much!!!!

Las Galeras...
3. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

If you call in when you get here, I will give you a copy and directions to Playita beach itself. We are opposite Restaurant GriGri and our frontage is festooned with flags

toronto
4. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

Thanks TDA - just read your message/reply to me now...I don't know why I am not getting "notified" when a reply is posted! I used to! Speaking of replies, I have tried to email that restaurant a couple of times to reserve a nice table for my birthday but no-one has gotten back to me. Do you know how far in advance one needs to make a reservation? We arrive on February 11th and I wanted a reservation for February 18th ...Thanks again!

Las Galeras...
5. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

I will book it for you, how many people for?

Las Galeras...
6. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

I will book it for you, how many people for?

Thunder bay, Ontario
7. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

Hi TDA - Adventures. Can you tell me how far Playita beach is from las galeras the snorkeling there is something we are interested in, can you walk there from town or do you need some form of transportation to get there.

Las Galeras...
8. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

Hi there

Playita is around a 20 minute walk (if you walk slowly like me) from town - all downhill - and you can safely walk to is. On the beach there is a local comedor (Isabel and Micael) who cook great Dominican food too but take your own water as they charge 50 peso for a small bottle,

Thunder bay, Ontario
9. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

Thank you just what I wanted to know we will be arriving there on the 8th so we may drop by to see you and get some direction as to where to snorkel there.

Las Galeras...
10. Re: Las Galeras Beaches

Call in to the Dive Centre and we will draw you a snorkel route

Edited: 8:16 am, February 03, 2014
Reply to: Las Galeras Beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted