We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Out One night

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 40
Dinner Out One night

We are just one short week away from Jamaica !! ;-)

Never having been there I'd like to know if anybody has a fav "nicer" restaurant that they have eaten at?? We are staying at Grand Palladium & I realize it's an AI but we always have dinner one night out. We love to sit outside if possible and since we are between Negril & Montego Bay not sure where to go?? We'd like to do dinner so also wondering about safety at night?? So if anybody has a favorite place with outside seating, maybe on a beach? Please let me know. We are not super picky eaters ..just like a nice place with decent food.

Thnx in Advance !!

Connecticut
reviews: 1
1. Re: Dinner Out One night

The Cliffs region of Negril (also known as the West End) has several excellent eateries, with my favorite being Ivan's located in the Catcha Falling Star resort. Can get a table outside on the patio with a nice view of the sea.

If eating on/near the Negril Beach, consider Cosmo's for excellent seafood.

Both places have TA reviews.

Both take credit cards.

Some Negril places have evening entertainment, so have a look at negril.com for their list.

Getting to Negril or MoBay does mean a taxi. Official Jamaican taxis have red plates.

Edited: 6:06 pm, February 21, 2013
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
reviews: 8
2. Re: Dinner Out One night

Either location will have what you are looking for. Just be aware that it's going to be about a forty five minute drive one way to either location. You'll probably want to hire a driver and have him wait for you.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3. Re: Dinner Out One night

Thank You Both for the info & suggestions.

I saw Ivan's here on Trip Adviser & it was on my short list. I think we will head into Negril vs Montego Bay. Did not realize it was a 45 minute ride, but it will be nice to see some of the area. I think we'd like to head to town around sunset time.

Thank You Again....Enjoy your Friday !

Alexis

west virginia
reviews: 21
4. Re: Dinner Out One night

Just to be certain you understand Mo'Bay and Negril are 45 minutes in opposite directions from Grand Palladium. Personally I'd skip MoBay and go to Negril.

Edited: 11:49 am, February 22, 2013
roxbury, ma
reviews: 1
5. Re: Dinner Out One night

I think Mobay is closer and unless you are spending the day at the beach/walking the cliffs in Negril I'd go to dinner in Mobay. The House Boat is a nice place by the port-a real boat with great food. I also like Margueritts-you can sit outside and watch the sunset then walk the strip. Both are nice!

In Negril there are so many I love Sweet Spice but you won;t have a view/not facny but great food-LTU for sunset is great (cliffs) and if you are on the beach the Bar-b-barn has good food and beach front. I think a facy place is Blue Mar in the Spa Retreat property on the cliffs. Many here love the Rock House but I think the food is ok but you can;t beat the atmosphere!

PEACE!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6. Re: Dinner Out One night

WOW.....Thnx again !

All sound great...going to be a tough decision.

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
reviews: 8
7. Re: Dinner Out One night

If you are thinking about Negril, go for the day and stay for dinner.

8. Re: Dinner Out One night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2014