We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Lazy River?

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Grand Palladium Lazy River?

Thinking of booking the Grand Palladium as an excursion when we dock in Jamaica last week in April. I read somewhere that this resort has a lazy river but unable to absolutely verify this. Haven't seen it in any previous quest photos so I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure that one exists. I am taking my 80+ year old mother and her sister also 80+ and figure this might me something they could do.

calgary
reviews: 8
1. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

I have not stayed there yet, but am booked for the last week in March. According to my obsessive research, the "lazy river" is just an extension of the spa pool. It is not a full circle and doesn't actually have a current.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 14
2. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

I was there a few years ago and there was no lazy river....

New Orleans...
3. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

Thanks for the info. I did receive clarification that it indeed is no lazy river just a river to swim from pool to hot tubs. Debating excursions again. I would love to get off the boat in Jamaica but don't see any other excursions that I feel would be nonconfrontational as well as safe travelling with two elderly companions. Would love to show them a good relaxing beach but maybe not here. Thanks for the input.

Connecticut
reviews: 1
4. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

Have some questions which can help me to help you:

Can you say which Jamaican port will your ship arrive to?

How long will you have in Jamaica?

Not sure what you mean by "nonconfrontational" so can you explain differently? Perhaps you can say what other excursions are being offered by the cruise line.

BTW, the beaches at the Palladium are man-made with sand poured over rocky ground.

Thanks

calgary
reviews: 8
5. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

Actually, well it is often said that the beaches at the Palladium are all man-made another thing my research has told me is that is simply not true. Only one of the three beaches there is actually man made. That piece of misinformation is repeated in almost every thread about this resort I have read.

mexico
reviews: 24
6. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

Dear Cowtown112,

You are absolutely right. Only "breezes beach", close to the main pool area, is man made. The other two beaches are natural.

Connecticut
7. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

And stolen sand was used for their beaches:

jamaicaobserver.com/news/Stolen-sand-case-op…

any documentation supporting which beach(es) are man-made?

Sat images seem to show that sand within the resort beaches looks white while the sand (what there is) outside the resort show brown sand

west virginia
reviews: 22
8. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

HedoDiveMaster:

" Fiesta admits that it contracted Bedrock in April 2008 to acquire a substantial amount of marine sand and that Bedrock delivered a portion which it thought was legally obtained."

OK, lets say you're building a house, so you go and buy boards from a legitimate supplier..say... 84 Lumber...

84 Lumber delivers them to you and you build your house...

At some later point 84 Lumber is accused of stealing boards...

How exactly is that your fault? What is your liability on a legitimate companies possible illegal actions?

Kingston, Canada
9. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

I can assure you that in no way was the original coastline anything remotely similar to what you see here.

wikimapia.org/…b

There may have been a sliver of existing sand in the large beach area but sand was most definitely imported to enhance it and widen it to what it is today. Therefore it is man-made. The entire point had almost entirely a rocky coastline originally.

Connecticut
10. Re: Grand Palladium Lazy River?

I did not file the lawsuit.

I did not write the Observer story.

I am not the judge for the trial nor an attorney for any of the parties.

I just post that the this is happening and these allegations were put forward.