We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Jamaica

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 13
Grand Palladium Jamaica

I see that there are two Grand Palladiums. Does the Grand Palladium Jamaica NOT have a beach? I am looking to book and the price is favorable for this resort but if I'm going to the beach ..... I would like to stay on the beach:) Thanks.

Guelph, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

If you want a great beach, you need to go to Negril.

Lansdowne...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

GP has a piece of beach, but it's small, manmade, and kind of rocky. it's not the long stretch of beach one sees in the adverts for the Caribbean. Negril is the place for that -

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

Here is satellite imagery.

wikimapia.org/…b

Pontiac, Canada
4. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

We have been to the Palladium twice.

There are two resorts combined; the Jamaica side and the Lady Hamilton. Guests from either side use all the same amenities.

The best beach at the Palladium is Sunset Cove, easy to snorkel right off the beach and great jerk chicken hut at lunch time!

There are two other beaches, as nevsgal says, one is small and rocky; the other beach was a topless beach so I have never been to it and can't really offer advice on it.

The rooms on the Jamaica side of the resort are jr. suites. We found them comfortable.

We were going to head back there again this year but found a better deal at the Jewel Runaway Bay.

Edited: 7:15 pm, November 01, 2012
Deltona, Florida
5. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

I don't have a review on this property, however have a question regarding something a client of mine was inquiring about. Apparently she heard that there is an epidemic of stray cats on the beach and they tend to walk through the resort. Has anyone who has recently visited the Grand Palladium have any feedback regarding the stray cat??

Lancashire, England
reviews: 96
6. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

thecruisemom,

will you please stop worrying people unnecessarily about a so called 'epidemic' of stray cats. This is at least the third time you have asked this question on different threads.

THERE IS NO EPIDEMIC OF STRAY CATS AT THE GRAND PALLADIUM HOTELS!

Rehoboth Beach...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

WOW Rowz, that was rather RUDE! The poster can ask the same question in different threads a million times if she so desires. Is it annoying to some? Maybe......if so there is no need for them to respond.

Maybe some people do not like cats and just the appearance of 5 cats can be an "epidemic" to them. Different strokes for different folks.

Personally I would rather see a cat then a RAT

Peoria, Illinois
reviews: 14
8. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

I was at the resort in October and never saw 1 cat the entire time I was there.

I was a bit worried about going to this resort because of post here on TA and the fact I love being on the beach. I ended up LOVING this resort and plan on returning again as soon as I can.

Yes, the beaches are not the long white stretches of white sand but I found them very nice and each had their own qualities to them. The views and sunset from the resort are amazing. We found the staff to be very friendly.

Lancashire, England
reviews: 96
9. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

I have no intention of being rude, quite the contrary. However, this poster has been a member since 2008 and suddenly makes three posts on different threads about the same subject which could seriously damage the reputation of a hotel.

Normally I wouldn't respond to such a post, but I have not long returned from the hotel and so feel very strongly that TA members are being worried unnecessesarily.

Caledon ON
reviews: 4
10. Re: Grand Palladium Jamaica

I'm leaving in 3 weeks & am looking forward to it! Bit worried about the reviews. I was at RIU Negril in March & it was good. Thought we'd try a different resort this time. Hoping we're not disappointed. If you request certain rooms, do you do it prior to arrival?