We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
weather

could anyone tell me, what the weather is like in early August pls?

United States
reviews: 87
1. Re: weather

August is in the middle of rainy season in Jamaica. Expect it to be very hot and humid every day. Rain is possible most days, mainly in the late afternoon and early evening (15 min. to 2 hr.). August is also in the middle of hurricane season in Jamaica (the chance of one is small, but possible).

reviews: 3
2. Re: weather

hurricane season? really, i did not know this, may have to re think!! August is the summer school; holidays in England so its the best time to take family away, are we talking cloud and rain every day??

Connecticut
reviews: 1
3. Re: weather

The historical peak for 'named' storms in the Jamaican parr of the Caribbean is from late August until mid-September. Having said that, hurricanes do not carry calendars. For the 2012 hurricane season, Jamaica got brushed twice with one in early August.

Another point is that October is, historically, the rainiest month of the year. However, Jamaica (and many other Caribbean islands) are in a drought condition. The two hurricanes that brushed Jamaica did not change this drought condition. If this October does not bring significant relief, then I forecast the drought will continue well into next year.

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
reviews: 34
4. Re: weather

FYI - the official hurricane season for the Caribbean is June 1 to November 30.

5. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013