We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the best currency to use?

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 2
what is the best currency to use?

Hello everyone

Me and my husband are staying at the grand polladium lady Hamilton in July for our honeymoon. We want to go on a few excursions through Thomson who we have booked through. I'm not sure which currency we use to book the trips, can it be $ or £ or Jamaican dollars. Any info will be great

Jasmine

United States
reviews: 87
1. Re: what is the best currency to use?

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c140152/Jamai…

Do not bring any Scottish £ notes, only English.

lincoln, england
reviews: 14
2. Re: what is the best currency to use?

When we booked our trips last year through Thomson we used our credit card so we didn't have to take large amounts of cash

Valparaiso, Indiana
reviews: 56
3. Re: what is the best currency to use?

US money is welcomed anywhere!

Toronto
reviews: 41
4. Re: what is the best currency to use?

I recommend USD.

lincoln, england
reviews: 14
5. Re: what is the best currency to use?

I use the local currency wherever I am, it always works for me!

United Kingdom
reviews: 4
6. Re: what is the best currency to use?

7 years ago when we were in Jamaica, we used US Dollars. As we are going back there on the 8th of july to the Grand Palladium, we are taking US Dollars again.

London, Canada
reviews: 39
7. Re: what is the best currency to use?

We have used us almost ever where but found last year that having Jamaican for the smaller local stores was better. This time we will be changing to local currency to shop locally for food

8. Re: what is the best currency to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:46 pm, July 09, 2013