We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Manzanilla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
L.A.
reviews: 1
current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?

Hi

Any snorkeling site tips around La Manzanilla? (Or on the road down from PV.) Is Playa Mora open with the Tenacatita issues going on? We have kayaked out to the rocks to the left of La Manz to snorkel before- pretty good. (Kayaks are included with Palapa Joe's room.-great deal.)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Also, anyone stay recently at Los Angeles Locos or Punta Serena?

4 replies to this topic
Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?

The last I heard tourists were allowed for day trips at Tenacatita but that is a best guess type of advice . There was a much smaller version of a double access punta around Chamela that might be better than average for snorkelling . There were fisherman there that did both line fishing and bottom walking with home made diving bells and air lines from compressors . It was an interesting spot . Chamela is all I can remember but there were one or two places that had a version of Chamela in their names like Chamela Principal etc . Good luck

L.A.
2. Re: current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?

Thanks Juanrojo!

Chamela is now definitely on my short list of places to stop along the way. Sounds cool. It seems from reading that there are only a few roads off hwy 200 to the coast to Chemala bay/Perula/El Super- (km72 or 74) . I read about islands, coves, and a few (non-resort) places to stay so I hope to hit where you are talking about.

Any more specifics would be great!

Thanks again.

Trail, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?

We spent one night in Perula at the south end and walked that beach quite a way further south . Beautiful sand beach . There was a beach bar or two at the north end as well . These are fuzzy agave memories as I mentioned . There is a high rent town further south where some awesome houses hang from cliffs , the name escapes me , there was even a polo club there but I simply will not play without my own gear so we skipped that . Anyway there was a small bay right on the highway right where those awesome homes hang way up on the rocks and there was a nice little beach bar right there as well . Here's a Chamela link that jogged my memory a bit . I believe the turn off to take would be at the Chamela Motel and the beach in question would be near the teacher's retreat and the traier park shown may illustrate the little cove I remembered . I think we were just touring around and had time to poke around where we liked . Except in the highest seasons I would suspect that a person could show up and get a room along this way although I must confess that we have had to go a little more " cockroachy " at times then we would have liked with this method . Cheers and enjoy ! www.costalegre.ca/Chamela_Places_To_Stay.htm

Edited: 1:57 pm, November 29, 2011
L.A.
4. Re: current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?

Thanks for the responses.

Just to update... Palapa joe's bungalows changed owners and no longer supply kayaks and bikes. The previous owners other properties in La Manzanilla do though: Santana rentals.

Also, any more snorkel tips in the general area would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to: current Tenacatita (Playa Mora) status / snorkeling tips?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Manzanilla
More La Manzanilla Topics