We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Java an Bali

Which Borobudur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashik India
reviews: 13
Java an Bali

With 20 days available fo us in mid september with already booked int flight to Jakarta travel from there to Yogjakarta and bali: can anyone suggest the best reasonable transportation please. Train/coach and idas about midsize clean accomodation in java and bali? too many requests cna anyone enlighten us pelase?

sudhi

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 79
1. Re: Java an Bali

Transport

The sane solution is to take plane between these cities. Jakarta to Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta to Surabaya, and Surabaya to Bali are all connected with air routes.

For sightseeing, you can rent a car from a company which based in each city, cheaper that way and definitely will save you some time rather than taking ferry/train/bus combination.

Hotel

Your budget??? As a reference, 4 star hotel will cost approx USD100 per night. 3 star is around USD70 (my version of "midsize" is either 3 star or above, don't know yours...?!?!?)

Durham, North...
reviews: 366
2. Re: Java an Bali

I should say fly as well. Taking a ferry between java and bali will take long. For sightseeing in yogya itself I should say take the becak (bike). You can see the real city and it's fun. And cheap.

In bali there are many men who can drive you around for a day. Just make sure you make a good price. You find them in cities and besides beaches. We had one very cheap.

Hotel, well on bali I can recommend Peneeda View Hotel in Sanur. Not expensive but clean and good. Sanur is a little touristic, but still real balinese.

3. Re: Java an Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 08, 2012