We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough to do without a car?

Which Fazana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northants
reviews: 38
Enough to do without a car?

We are thinking about travelling to Rijeka by bus from the Uk and then on to Pula (Bi-Village resort) We hope to stay for a fortnight but am unsure if there will be enough to keep us interested for that length of time in the area.

We like beautiful scenery, good food and cycling. Not interested in night clubs but like to sit in a cafe with a cold beer in the evenings looking out to sea.

5 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 1
1. Re: Enough to do without a car?

You don't say when you intend travelling which could be important.

I haven't been to Bi-Village but we stay on Brijuni Island every year which faces the Village across the water on the mainland opposite the Vilon the mainland. All I can say is that it is incredibly noisy with loud music going on until late which we can hear on the Island. Don't know if that fits in with your sitting in a cafe with a cold beer in the evenings.

There's plenty of opportunity to get around the coastal towns (e.g. Pula, Rovinj) by public transport but you could see a lot more if you hired a car, even for 1 day which would allow you to see the beautiful walled hill towns inland like Groznjan and Motovun with their magnificant views across the whole of Istria. Lots of places to hire bikes with dedicated bike routes. You can get those in Fazana as well as other places. Good Food is no problem in Istria, it's the area noted for its food in the whole of Croatia and also truffle country. So you've got all 3 of your requirements in one area

- beautiful scenery, good food and cycling.

I'm wondering why you are travelling by bus to Rijeka when it would be easier to travel through Italy, and Slovenija which is closer to Fazana on the West Coast.

northants
reviews: 38
2. Re: Enough to do without a car?

Thanks for that, the noise isn't what we are after at all. We are hoping to travel in the height of the season so it will be worse then. I have actually seen an apartment at Medulin (if available) and although it wont have the pools/amenities the campsite would have the price is so reasonable we would be able to hire a car for the fortnight which will make alot of difference.

Thank you so much again

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
3. Re: Enough to do without a car?

If you are aiming at travelling this year you may have difficulty finding apartments available at this late stage.

Certainly having a car would be of enormous benefit in getting around Istria and the driving is easy especially on the Y Road. It is very green and lovely. All places along the coast will be extremely busy in July and August. If you get the chance do go and see Rovinj (the old town) which is wonderful and charming, even when it's full of tourists! If you need any other advice do get back in touch.

Redhill, United...
4. Re: Enough to do without a car?

Hi, I've actually got a question following this conversation. I am thinking about going to bi village next May! We also like scenery, enjoying a beer/wine in the evenings (and maybe the afternoon) but don't want the noise of clubbing etc. You say it's very noisy, would it be noisy and busy in mid-May? Is this a good time to go weather wise?

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
5. Re: Enough to do without a car?

I'm afraid Bi village is somewhere I personally wouldn't consider going because it's completely tourist focussed and not a place to experience Croatia, its people or culture not to mention the noise that emanates from it. But that's just me. If that doesn't bother you then maybe May, which is not the main tourist season, it will be quieter. It all depends on what you want. As for weather, who can say. The climate has changed considerably over the last few years. It could be lovely, though probably not warm enough to swim. There again it could be rainy and cold. In June the weather has in the past been lovely but for the last couple of years the first 2 weeks in June have been rainy and quite cool.

Reply to: Enough to do without a car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fazana