We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guia, Portugal, any info?

Which Guia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
Guia, Portugal, any info?

I am staying in a Casa Josef Villa just a slight way up from the Guia FC football ground in mid August. Can anyone tell me, do they know the area of the villa and if so are there some good places to eat within walking distance and are there any shops within walking distance for example, bakers, mini market?

Thanks

Dumfries
31. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Guia is a fantastic place, I hope you had a great holiday.

derby
32. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Stayed in Guia last oct for a week. Our villa was fantastic own pool, 4 bedrooms all with ensuites. Very modern kitchen full of utensils. Very good security, electronic gates, alarm etc. luckily we'd booked hire care. As it was very much a last minute break, must admit we didn't do much research re location. The villa was high up on its own, views were amazing. But there was nowhere we could walk to. At least 40mins walk to nearest shop and even further to a decent bar. It didn't bother us, stocked up with supplies, wine, lager, more wine!. There was a separate kitchen for BBQ and huge built in BBQ. Would recommend villa monte serafina to anyone wanting seclusion, peace and quiet, all enclosed and large pool, but you would need a car.

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 3
33. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Just back from a three week holiday. I was a bit nervous about guia being too quiet. But I was so wrong , our villa was beautiful with a large pool. It was a 10min walk to the village and roughly a 20 to 25 min walk to the shopping center which had everything you could possibly need. We decided not to hire a car as we only went into albufeira 3 nights. My 2 boys age 11 and 4 loved it, the locals are so friendly , there was a play area beside the football club so they meet up with other children mainly Portuguese to play. The restaurants are also very friendly and very good . Our favourite s were ideal and alantico. We loved Guia so much that we booked again for next june. We went to zoomarine, and aqua show both very good value. I would recommend Guia to anyone , it is not very commercial like albufeira which we were twice before. Its a real taste of Portugal.

Cork, Ireland
34. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Just back from a three week holiday. I was a bit nervous about guia being too quiet. But I was so wrong , our villa was beautiful with a large pool. It was a 10min walk to the village and roughly a 20 to 25 min walk to the shopping center which had everything you could possibly need. We decided not to hire a car as we only went into albufeira 3 nights. My 2 boys age 11 and 4 loved it, the locals are so friendly , there was a play area beside the football club so they meet up with other children mainly Portuguese to play. The restaurants are also very friendly and very good . Our favourite s were ideal and alantico. We loved Guia so much that we booked again for next june. We went to zoomarine, and aqua show both very good value. I would recommend Guia to anyone , it is not very commercial like albufeira which we were twice before. Its a real taste of Portugal.

Cork, Ireland
35. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Cork, Ireland
36. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

37. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, July 11, 2013
Edited: 12:05 pm, July 11, 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
38. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Four identical posts! Accident I hope!

Guia is fine for a holiday if the beach is not to be the main focus of activity.

Cork, Ireland
39. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

Sorry about that, , don't know what happened there I did only post it once. Cubsur wanted to thank you for all the great information you gave me before we arrived, and also eleanor from antrim.

40. Re: Guia, Portugal, any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Guia
Recent Conversations
More Guia Topics