We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Skiathos Town

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Anglesey...
reviews: 1
Accommodation in Skiathos Town

Could anyone suggest nice accommodation in Skiathos Town which is quite near bus station for September, I don't want it to be very noisy?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
1. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

Kostos and Mary Hotel is in the small lanes behind the Alkyon in a quiet area and quite close to the bus terminus, any other property that I can think of which is closer will suffer from some road noise.

Have a look at the hotel reviews on here as it consistently scores well.

Island of Anglesey...
2. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

What about Akti Hotel, would that be too noisy? What would be best to get a taxi outside the airport, how much would it cost?

Manchester
reviews: 18
3. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

I can highly recommend the Oasis apartments which are a short walk along the waterfront to the bus terminus and town. Check out their reviews on here

Julie

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
4. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

The Akti has a superb position on the harbour front but the road outside and surrounding bars might spoil your peace, a friend of mine stayed there a couple of years ago and it didn't bother her at all. Do request a front room if you want the views and don't mind a bit of local noise.

Yes, a taxi from the airport would fit the bill expect to pay around €8-10 and if there are only two of you don't be surprised if you find you are sharing the cab with another couple, this happens often.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
5. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

As an afterthought you could try the Hotel Christina which is behind the Akti but that little bit further from the road and bars and if you get a high floor the views will be great, here's a link for you

hotelchristinaskiathos.gr/index.php/en/hotel…

Island of Anglesey...
6. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

That's great, I'm travelling solo and never been to Skiathos before and therfore want to have a superb holiday there. I'm a bit worried with the taxi prices

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
7. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

Unfortunately on flight days the price of the trip from the airport is nearly always around that mark.

If you are reasonably fit and not overloaded with luggage you could actually walk from the airport as many people do, some of my family have never taken a taxi always preferring to walk, it would take around 20 minutes if you take the direct route and don't stop off for refreshments along the way :-)

Island of Anglesey...
8. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

I see Travelrepublic charge around £35.00 for a return taxi transfer to and from Skiathos. Have u any suggestions of where I could stay as a solo traveller in Skiathos Town, nothing too expensive but clean and tidy and maybe with a breakfast? Sorry to be such a pain but all the information is so helpful.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
9. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

mail.skiathos.gr/index.php…

This link might be of help to you, I find it difficult to make random suggestions without knowing

a) date of travel

b) if steps are an issue (some accommodations can involve many steps)

c) approx price range

d) if a seaview is important

You can PM me if you want to and meanwhile I'll put my thinking cap on.

Island of Anglesey...
10. Re: Accommodation in Skiathos Town

a) Date of travel: 7th September 2011 for 7 nights in Skiathos Town for Bed and Breakfast if possible, must be clean and well maintained for 1 person, price range around £300- £350 or in that range, a seaview would be beneficial. Don't want anywhere where there is too much noise. Must be within short walking distance of the main bus terminus.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town