We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions

Which Almyrida hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 50
A few questions

We are coming out as a family on the 10th August for 10 days, staying at the Almyrida Beach and wanted to ask a few questions if I could?

I am sure I read that the beach sun beds/ umbrellas were chargeable and wondered how much they are?

Also trying to work out how much a meal for a family would cost? (2 adults and a 10 and 8 year old)

We are all keen on snorkelling, is it ok for snorkelling in off the beach?

Lastly we get in to Chania airport at midnight, is it cheaper to get a transfer or will there be taxis available.? What might it cost each way?

I have been travelling to greece for 35 years but haven't been in August for many years, we prefer the beach but am thinking that an umbrella is a necessity in August!

Thank you

Chania Town, Greece
reviews: 28
1. Re: A few questions

Hi, the sunbeds in Almyrida are currently e6 per day for 2 beds & an umbrella & yes, you will need shade in August! Some of the cafes may include a drink with this price. The new place, Costanita's are doing a beach service : ie the waiters will bring you drinks & even lunch if you want on your bed!

A fairly simple meal for 2 adults & 2 kids would cost around e50 to e60. that's for a couple of starters & 4 mains & a drink each. Maybe more for fresh fish.

Consider going up to Plaka for a change, especially at O Harokopos, lovely family cooked local fresh food, big portions, very reasonably priced.

Yes, you can snorkel straight off the beach, or go to the little cove at Kokkino Horio for better sights underwater. & there's a speedboat which will take you out for a snorkel.

Bristol
reviews: 50
2. Re: A few questions

Thank you so much, prices pretty much as I thought, we are keen to walk to Plaka in the evenings..all sounds lie, Crete years ago! When I was the same age as my children we used to visit Malia, which at the time had a couple of beach tavernas and very little between the beach and the old town! How things change..

Chania Town, Greece
reviews: 28
3. Re: A few questions

You also asked about taxis: a Chania local taxi co - taxi4crete.gr (the lovely Kostas K on this forum) is charging E42 from the airport to Almyrida, I think it's about the same if you book the Almyrida taxi firm. This is quite a bit less than last year. Maybe a bit more if you haven't booked, but negotiate & agree a price before you get in anyway!

4. Re: A few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Almyrida
Recent Conversations